Tomorrow is the big day. The day I turn twelve years old.
I am so nervous about getting braces that I can hardly think straight! I'm making way too big a deal out of it, I know, but eeekkk! I'm so annoying to myself right now because I change my mind every day. One day I think my teeth aren't crooked enough to spend the money, the next I can't stand them and can't wait for that perfect smile. Everyone tells me that it hurts so bad so that's got me nervous, too. I guess if I can pop out a baby I can get braces, but still. I really like food and I really don't like pain, so I'm super scared! I guess the plus side is that I might drop a few pounds when my teeth are sore, right? I ate cookies tonight in case I can't eat any for a while. Anyways---I might post a pic of my ug smile tomorrow, or, I might be hiding my face from the camera for the next year. We'll see.
In the mean time....check out these two cuties.
I think this picture is absolutely precious. She looks like an angel.
And I'm so so proud of those pigtails. We're finally getting hair!
Sage has been crazy whiny lately and I really have no patience for the constant whine. She spent half of the morning in time out today, because she insisted on whining everything she said. It went something like this:
Mom--What would you like for breakfast Sage?
Sage--whine. cackers. whine.
Mom--You can have crackers at snack time, but for breakfast you can have either cereal or toast today. Would you like cereal?
Sage--whine. foot snack. whine.
Mom--No fruit snack. Would you like toast?
Sage--whine. throw self on floor in fit of rage. cooookie.
Mom--Ok Sage. If you're going to whine at me, you get to go to time out. Would you like to go to time out, or are you going to be a good girl and stop whining?
Sage--time out. whine.
Mom--ok. Let's go to time out.
{at this crazy point, Sage walks over to time out, puts her nose in the corner, and stands there whining for a minute or two. All the while I'm trying to hide my laughter because I think it's crazy that she'll go to time out on her own and not move.}
Mom--Ok Sage, you tell mommy when you're ready to stop whining and talk like a big girl and then you can come join me for breakfast.
{time passes.}
Mom--Are you ready to be a good girl?
Sage--yes. an hold you.
Mom--I will hold you after you eat some breakfast. Yea! Breakfast! Let's eat! {I'm being as energetic as possible trying to get her to eat because this child eats one grape all day long, if that. I don't know how she is alive.}
Sage--whine. throw self on floor. an hold you!!!!!!
Mom--Do you need to go time out again?
Sage--yes.
{and she goes.}
This went on and on and on, forever. Did she eat breakfast? Of course not. This is just one teeny tiny example of the whining we are getting around here. She is still super sweet but wants someone to hold her all day long. She has been really needy and clingy to me and it's hard when I can't give her as much attention as she is wanting.
Besides the whining, I can't complain. She is the most considerate, kindest little toddler I've ever met. She has been doing/saying things lately that I do not ever want to forget. Like:
saying "excuse me mommy" if she gets in my way on accident
being so happy to see Charlotte in the mornings and saying "hi Char! hi Char!" to her
saying "oh, excuse me" if she toots or burps, while covering her mouth
when we leave the park, or the "pok" as she calls it, she runs over to the stairs that lead to the slide, gets down on her knees, and kisses the step. She says "thank you pok" and gives it a little pat. It is freaking adorable.
she is terrified of gnats. One was flying around her the other morning while she was in her high chair and she had a major panic attack.
she is obsessed with Elmo. This morning we read "Elmo Loves You", and this afternoon in the car, she was singing "Elmo Wufs You" at the top of her lungs, over and over again.
she loves to call Clint and my dad on the phone--she asks to call them every day. She'll say "talk daddy?" or "talk papa?"
she repeats herself until you answer her. For example:
Sage--flag! flag! flag!
Mom--yes, Sage, that's a flag!
If I didn't say the word "flag" back to her, she would keep saying it. Gets very annoying.
she is always needing a kiss on an ouch-y. Usually, several ouch-y's. This morning, I went in to get her and after our morning greeting, she said, bum hurt, and poked her bum in my face for me to bend down and kiss it.
This little gal keeps me on my toes and I love every second of her.
Speaking of little gals, this little bit kept me company while I was working today.
She was being so cute that I decided to pick her up, and she gave me a little present...Surely the spit up ends soon??? Going on seven months and she still throws up EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY. She is the gem though. She is happy all day long. She is getting to be so much fun and just idolizes Sage. I love this baby.
I am so nervous about getting braces that I can hardly think straight! I'm making way too big a deal out of it, I know, but eeekkk! I'm so annoying to myself right now because I change my mind every day. One day I think my teeth aren't crooked enough to spend the money, the next I can't stand them and can't wait for that perfect smile. Everyone tells me that it hurts so bad so that's got me nervous, too. I guess if I can pop out a baby I can get braces, but still. I really like food and I really don't like pain, so I'm super scared! I guess the plus side is that I might drop a few pounds when my teeth are sore, right? I ate cookies tonight in case I can't eat any for a while. Anyways---I might post a pic of my ug smile tomorrow, or, I might be hiding my face from the camera for the next year. We'll see.
In the mean time....check out these two cuties.
I think this picture is absolutely precious. She looks like an angel.
And I'm so so proud of those pigtails. We're finally getting hair!
Mom--What would you like for breakfast Sage?
Sage--whine. cackers. whine.
Mom--You can have crackers at snack time, but for breakfast you can have either cereal or toast today. Would you like cereal?
Sage--whine. foot snack. whine.
Mom--No fruit snack. Would you like toast?
Sage--whine. throw self on floor in fit of rage. cooookie.
Mom--Ok Sage. If you're going to whine at me, you get to go to time out. Would you like to go to time out, or are you going to be a good girl and stop whining?
Sage--time out. whine.
Mom--ok. Let's go to time out.
{at this crazy point, Sage walks over to time out, puts her nose in the corner, and stands there whining for a minute or two. All the while I'm trying to hide my laughter because I think it's crazy that she'll go to time out on her own and not move.}
Mom--Ok Sage, you tell mommy when you're ready to stop whining and talk like a big girl and then you can come join me for breakfast.
{time passes.}
Mom--Are you ready to be a good girl?
Sage--yes. an hold you.
Mom--I will hold you after you eat some breakfast. Yea! Breakfast! Let's eat! {I'm being as energetic as possible trying to get her to eat because this child eats one grape all day long, if that. I don't know how she is alive.}
Sage--whine. throw self on floor. an hold you!!!!!!
Mom--Do you need to go time out again?
Sage--yes.
{and she goes.}
This went on and on and on, forever. Did she eat breakfast? Of course not. This is just one teeny tiny example of the whining we are getting around here. She is still super sweet but wants someone to hold her all day long. She has been really needy and clingy to me and it's hard when I can't give her as much attention as she is wanting.
Besides the whining, I can't complain. She is the most considerate, kindest little toddler I've ever met. She has been doing/saying things lately that I do not ever want to forget. Like:
saying "excuse me mommy" if she gets in my way on accident
being so happy to see Charlotte in the mornings and saying "hi Char! hi Char!" to her
saying "oh, excuse me" if she toots or burps, while covering her mouth
when we leave the park, or the "pok" as she calls it, she runs over to the stairs that lead to the slide, gets down on her knees, and kisses the step. She says "thank you pok" and gives it a little pat. It is freaking adorable.
she is terrified of gnats. One was flying around her the other morning while she was in her high chair and she had a major panic attack.
she is obsessed with Elmo. This morning we read "Elmo Loves You", and this afternoon in the car, she was singing "Elmo Wufs You" at the top of her lungs, over and over again.
she loves to call Clint and my dad on the phone--she asks to call them every day. She'll say "talk daddy?" or "talk papa?"
she repeats herself until you answer her. For example:
Sage--flag! flag! flag!
Mom--yes, Sage, that's a flag!
If I didn't say the word "flag" back to her, she would keep saying it. Gets very annoying.
she is always needing a kiss on an ouch-y. Usually, several ouch-y's. This morning, I went in to get her and after our morning greeting, she said, bum hurt, and poked her bum in my face for me to bend down and kiss it.
This little gal keeps me on my toes and I love every second of her.
Speaking of little gals, this little bit kept me company while I was working today.















8 comments:
Those girlies are so cute and funny! And congrats on the braces. I wouldn't worry too much. Two years tops, and a lifetime of a great smile. I am a big believer in braces- they basically saved my face :) If I had to do it over again, even at this age, I totally would. And don't worry about the pain too much. You will get used to it and in the meantime, that's what ibuprofen is for!
so cute!!! I can't believe how much she is talking. We all celebrated yesterday because Coulson said Moo when he saw a picture of a cow. He still sounds like a navajo. I want to see your babies! I haven't seen them forever!
so cute! and i totally get the whinning! coen whines all day everyday, and he is 5. been doing it since he was sage's age! and have you talked to your pediatrician about putting charly on acid relfux meds? marlees baby has it, and they put her on meds, and she hardly ever spits up now! just an idea!! anyway, cute girls like always!! when are you coming back to texas?
Im thinking its the weather change cause my oldest has been whining so much lately!! I love that she will put herself in time out!! That is great!! I want braces so bad too! I have wanted them for years!! I had them from 5th grade to 7th grade but my teeth have shifted! Since I was a dental assistant I have been obsessed with teeth and want braces and to zoom bleach mine!! Good luck!!
Maybe I should contact your YW President so she can welcome you as the newest Beehive to the ward!
Good luck on the braces!
You don't need braces! Cute little stories by the way. That's so funny that she puts herself in time out.
Those pictures of Sage are just precious! She looks a lot older. And I love how she kisses the park stairs. Too cute!
ok, i want braces so bad again! so good for you! don't be scared, they really aren't that bad. i don't remember them hurting that bad. just wear your retainer when you get them off.. my biggest mistake :/
your girls are so cute. and sage cracks me up. i can't believe she willingly goes to time out. bry used to do that.. now i have to lock brylee in her room :(
Post a Comment