Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Everything is BIGGER in TEXAS

And longer, apparently. Crazy long post ahead.

The girls and I spent ten days in Texas with my mom dad and three of my five brothers this past week. It was very relaxing and low key--just what we needed! It rained the first half of our trip and the girls' nap schedules were messed up, so we stayed in the house and did lots of lounging the first few days. My mom was worried I'd get bored because I'm used to being super busy, but I was quick to let her know that I've gotten totally used to being lazy every now and then. I have learned to LOVE my down time so this trip was wonderful for me. I loved not having to be anywhere or do anything. The girls LOVED all the attention they got...but Sage was quite the stinker. She didn't want anything to do with anyone but me and Dustin--(she is still obsessed with Dustin. It's strange because he couldn't care less about playing with her.), unless I wasn't home. If I'm out of the house she is so well behaved. The second I come home she turns into a whiny clingy two year old again. Sorry mom and dad! :-)
The flight out was great--Sage rode on Grandpa's shoulders and napped...
We got in late and went straight to bed. Charlotte's first order of business was to introduce grandma to her extreme bulimia talents.


I blew this one up so you could really see it. You're welcome.
Photobucket
We went to the zoo with my girlfriend Jalei and her little gal Elliot (who is so round and sweet I just want to squeeze her)

I ran from, and the girls were introduced to, a frog... (thank you dad.)
I got to hang with my BFF Ashley and meet her little big man Luke---Luke 5 months Charly 8 months. I know I know, she's small.

Sage showed mommy how to do a real push up--

I ran twice while we were there. I took the exact same route, at the exact same time of day, but oh.my.gosh. Two totally different runs.
Run one: I noticed the pretty green trees, the quaint little houses, the blue skies, the different animals I ran by. I listened to music and thought about how different our lives would be if we lived in Texas. I kept my regular pace and was very proud of myself because of all the hills. I got frustrated with my body and prayed I wouldn't run into anyone I knew because I could feel my butt jiggling two feet behind the rest of my body.
Isn't this the most beautiful running scenery?

Run two: I ran with my brother Kris. I love how all my brothers say before they run with me..." I haven't run in forever. I'll try to keep up with you." Shut up you stupid boys. You know you're faster than me. You know I'll be wagging my tongue out trying to keep up. Just shut up already. I tried my hardest but he was at least 100 yards ahead of me all the time. I didn't have time to notice any pretty scenery or pay attention to the tunes on my ipod. I was too busy trying not to fall over dead. I did notice, however, how EVERY SINGLE FEMALE DRIVER was drooling over my shirtless brother. At one point we passed two high school girls walking home. Kris was ahead of me so they didn't know I was coming. As I whizzed by them at my super human speed, I heard them say, "oh my gosh. did you see him?" I laughed.

We rode horses and little miss I'm scared of everything Sage somehow LOVED it and was so not afraid. We were all shocked.

Sage was spoiled by grandma with brownie dough...

We went to the Rangers game...does everyone think their own brothers are the cutest guys ever? I love to brag about my brothers. Ladies. Kris is a 21 year old RM with a wash board stomach. If you have single sisters, let me know. ;-) Zach is 14 and going to be huge. His baby blessing said that he would be large in stature and in testimony, like Nephi and Helaman. If you look at the size of his feet, he's right on track. Dustin is 10? I think. And the cutest thing alive.

We tried to take pictures in the bluebonnets. The girls weren't very cooperative, but can you blame them? I'd want to just play with the pretty flowers, too. I LOVE bluebonnets.
Photobucket
Photobucket


We had dirty diaper wars. I think Zach won this war. He had the best hiding spot. Went through the trouble of unscrewing the vent and putting it up there. He then turned on the A/C and shut the door to make the room smell like freaking shiz. So so nasty. Thank you Kris, for taking it out for little Dustin.

The flight home was... AWFUL. Seriously horrible. We woke the girls up at 5:30 to drive an hour to the airport. Ended up having to pay for an extra seat that DID NOT GET USED because I didn't take a birth certificate for Sage to prove that she was under two (I know I know, she's not. I lied. She could totally pass for an almost two year old though.) by a skycap worker who was an A-hole. Had to wait an hour because the flight got delayed. Had to switch planes in Albuquerque. Both girls SCREAMING at the top of their lungs from Albuquerque to Phoenix. Poor grandpa had to man handle Sage. I told him to put his hand on her mouth and restrain her using brute strength. She was bucking and kicking and on the verge of barfing for a good ten minutes before she finally calmed down and passed out. It was really fun. They look peaceful here, but trust me when I say that these are the "calm after the storm" pictures.

I love traveling but LOVE getting home and back into a routine. Clint had little letters for all of us and had put together Sage's late birthday present. She absolutely loves it. And for me? Well every girls dream, of course. My very own hand gun. I actually love it. We're going out soon so I can practice using it. He wants me to learn to use it well so that I can carry it with me when I am working in the ghetto. We will see.

I think I'm finally done. hallelujah.

9 comments:

Connie said...

Glad you had so much fun and that you're home now so you can have someone to beat in running! I can boost your ego...

And yes, your brothers are cute. I have a single sister who is 22. How does Kris feel about older women? Hahaha

Cute pictures of the kids. Looks like it was a fun trip.

Jalei & Lane said...

Your mom had to use drastic measures(brownie dough) to get Sage to like her! Do you have your CHL? I need to get mine because we have a little gun that looks just like yours!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a fun trip! That poopy diaper was is hilarious...and kinda gross :) And I must agree that you have some pretty dang cute brothers :) and THE cutest little girls as well :)

Jami said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun. I am so glad we got to see you. Wish we could have seen the girls too. Seriously can't believe how grown your brothers are now. Boy do I feel old.

Shari said...

Ok, I'll be the one to say it - thanks for the blow up of Charly's barf. Gag... ;)
Maybe you and I can go to Caswells and practice our shooting. I want to get a gun, just not sure what kind. I think maybe just a .22 revolver. Enough to be kind of scary, but probably not too deadly unless I aim it just right. :)

Shari said...

PS I LOVE those pics of the girls in the bluebonnets!

Matt and Megan said...

My little girl is a puker too!! So not fun! Texas is gorgeous! I wish I had some single sisters for your cute bro but sadly I don't! My hubby would put our kids dirty diapers on his little bro's pillow! I was dying laughing at the vent!! My hubby got me a hand gun I cried the first time I shot it! I can shoot a shot gun or a rifle because they are for hunting but a hand gun is shoot to kill someONE!! I do need to learn how to use it though! LOVE the bluebonnets!

Adria said...

This post had me laughing so hard!! A welcome home hand gun? Seriously? A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Danielle said...

Looks like such a fun trip! How is it that every member of your family so beautiful {AND sweet}?!! Your little brothers have gotten sooo handsome! Weird! And I love the contrast in the bottom two pictures. Basically it says, don't mess with my family. I can't wait to hear about your adventures at the shooting range!