Monday, April 12, 2010

Little Girlies

My parents sent a little chick in Sage's Easter basket this year. It chirps when your hand hits a sensor on the bottom. Sage is convinced the chick is real. At first she was terrified of it. Terror turned to interest, interest to apprehensive desire, desire to full on GLEE. She loves this little bird. She holds it so gently in her hand and tweets back at it. She pets it and squeals with delight when it chirps unexpectedly at her. It melts my heart.


Wanna know what else melts my heart? Watching these two play so sweetly together. I was up working on the computer this evening and they were being so cute together playing with blocks. At one point I looked down and Sage was using her blanket to clean up Charlotte's throw up. I didn't say anything--just watched to see what she would do with her now soiled most prized possession. She cleaned C up, looked at the blanket, climbed the stairs, threw it in the hamper in her bedroom, and got into the bottom drawer of her dresser where I keep her spare blanket. Wow.



10 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

That is so sweet of Sage to do! What a selfless little girl!

Regina said...

What a sweet little story about your sweet little girls!

Shari said...

I'm so glad you're writing all this stuff down. It's way too easy to forget all the sweet things our babies do! I remember her daddy being sweet, but can't give you many stories right off the top of my head. It will be nice to be able to go back and read these when the girls are teenagers!

Tiffany said...

ha ha, how cute!! What a funny little story! :) and what a sweet sister!

the tatsaks said...

Seeing your children play together is one of he best feeling in the world. And that is hilarious that she new what to do with the dirty blanket...smarty pants! And I LOVE Charly's little smile (in the chucky post), she is just precious! I saw on a comment that you are coming to Reginas shower! I am SO excited!!!!

Jensen Family said...

so sweet! i'm glad that sage is sweet to charlotte, cause bry is sooo mean to nash :/

Matt and Megan said...

Having kids close together is so crazy at first and then that sweet moment happens when they play together!! It is so worth it!! Just wait until they start fighting over things!! It gets all crazy again:)

Melissa said...

They are too sweet!! I love their smiley faces.

Kayleen said...

OH how sweet! . . . and a little bit of clean-freakishness going on there. Like mother, like daughter. Can you train Paige? She didn't inherit any of the cleanliness gene.

Anna said...

What a good big sister! How sweet!!