Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Catch Up

So... lot's to blog about. Went to NY for the weekend which was FABULOUS, but I'm too tired to blog about that tonight. Lots of fun pictures and details later. For now, I'm getting caught up on housework and work. I did 17 orders today and have 10 more pending but they will just have to wait. I usually do 8-10 a day, so today has been a little crazy. Besides that, I'm using 99.9% of my energy to keep up with Sage's mood swings. I used to think that parenthood was so easy. I LOVE the first 20 months of my babies. Then this two year old stage hit and I am for REAL at my wits end with Sage. She changes her mind constantly, throws crazy fits in public that have never happened before, is throwing food now which she has never done before, refuses to share with Charlotte because everything is "MINE', and is pretty much driving me crazy. I feel like this horrible witch of a mother because I'm constantly putting her in time out and trying to keep calm. Ahhhh!!!!! Each morning I tell myself I'm going to be so patient and that we are going to have the best day. We make it till about 1, then all hell breaks loose. So then they go down for naps and while they're napping I gear up again, telling myself that our evening is going to be great. It's usually NOT. By the time Clint gets home in the evenings I'm pretty much ready to pull my hair out. Everyone I've talked to says that three is the worst age, and if it gets worse than this then we are in for some serious trouble!!!!

5 comments:

Jami said...

It will get better. Eleanor bites her sisters when they won't give up what she wants, so it could be worse. My only piece of advice is not to always make her give up everything. Yes you want them to share, but we did that when Lorelai was the baby, so when Matilda came along she really thought everything was hers.

Regina said...

I was just reading Jami's comment and Amy has said that too. She makes Kinsley share most things, but things that are specifically hers, she gives her a choice. Makes sense.

Anyway, I am SO GLAD you posted this! It is hard!! It always makes me feel so much better when I hear that other people are going thru the same things as me. Granted Kelly is very well behaved compared to lots of kids his age, (and I know Sage is too!!) But there are those days where I feel like I might snap! We have had a couple public fits and a MILLION fits at home, but I am that mean momma that doesn't give in no matter where we are. And the whining is what gets me. The whining and the 'tude. My advice is to just keeo doing what you're doing! You're a great mom and maybe by 3 you will have already whipped her into shape and whon't have to deal with it. Better now than later! Hang in there, I am right there with you! :)

Okay, this was so long.

Jalei & Lane said...

Well I really don't have any good advice since I haven't experienced that yet. But you are one of the "Mothery-ist" (you know what I mean) people I know, so I'm sure Sage still feels loved when you get onto her. Stick to your guns & pray that this phase goes by fast!

Tiffany said...

I keep telling Randy I want to freeze time and keep Madden at the exact age he is right now...16 months...cuz I am dreading the difficult years ahead.
Maybe that just means its time for you to have another baby to enjoy and then all the sweet baby moments will cancel out all the hard and frustrating toddler moments ;)

Shari said...

Ah, you really are a perfect mother, Marianne! You have more patience than I ever knew existed when my kids were that age. I still remember Clint's two-year-old stage - him throwing a tantrum and falling into a metal door edge was how he got that wonderful scar over his eye! I was reading something yesterday that said that two is when they start needing to have some control over their lives. Sage has definitely shown that need! "I do it sef!" "Sagey do it." "Sagey sing." "No look at me." :) I love her to pieces, though, and she IS perfect! :)