Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TODAY

Today we were in the car for several hours for work. The girls did GREAT for the first leg of our trip. We stopped at a park to play for a few minutes and that was a bad idea. They DID NOT want to get back in the car. So I bribed them with McDonald's. We never go there. Ever. So Sage was very excited. She ate her entire healthy happy meal and was rewarded with an ice cream cone:



She LOVED it.

Then we finished our work and came home. This is what happened when I told her it was nap time:

So as you can see, lots of progress from yesterday's post. Charlotte was a trooper and stayed awake until approximately 25 seconds before we got home. Fell asleep in the car for about a minute and now refuses to take a nap. Good times!

6 comments:

eyre blog said...

Lyla is screaming at me for a gummy bear right now. I put her to bed, for the night, over an hour ago!

Jami said...

We never go to mcdonalds either. The two times that we have taken them, you think it was Christmas. As for naps, the girls still fight going, so don't feel bad. They aren't going to be happy about it until their twenties. Oh, we have a power sleeper too. Matilda's job on the way home from church every Sunday is to poke, sing to, and sometimes yell at her sister to keep her awake.

Jalei & Lane said...

I love Sage's crazy eyes picture! Do you think she would be ok if you suggested a "quiet time" instead of nap time? That way she could still be in her room on her bed & may possibly fall asleep anyway.

Tiffany said...

lol, why does this post make me laugh? although you probably aren't laughing at the moment... :) Hang in there though...it will get better!

Becky Rogers said...

The car rides can be so hard. I totally broke down and got TVs installed in my mommy mobile. It really helps...I know more TV is not what my kid needs, but it saves my sanity sometimes!

Regina said...

Okay, Kelly gets a happy meal probably twiced a week. I am convinced they are healthy. And don't you HATE it when they fall asleep for 5 seconds and think they have taken an enitre nap! My kids don't fall asleep in cars very often but when they do it is no fun.