These two have so much fun together. They had fun Saturday playing in the hose and riding in the car. Charlotte is so close to walking. She does squats all day long, can balance on one leg for freakishly long amounts of time, and could totally walk if she really wanted to. But for now she enjoys crawling at super fast speeds. It really is hilarious. She isn't saying any words yet, but I'm sure her first word will be "daddy". She is SO a daddy's girl. I'm glad for him and all, but I'm sad at the same time. I want her to want me all the time! Sage is such a snuggly little thing and so opposite Charlotte that I don't quite know how to handle this baby that is going full throttle all the time. She is always moving and into new things. She is sooo not as fearless as Sage was at her age...(or even now. Sage is still such a weeny!) She has her own mind and there ain't no way you're changing it. For example, when she's done drinking her bottle, she launches it across the room and instantly squirms to get off my lap. And she no longer lets me carry her up the stairs--she has to climb them herself. She eats like crazy, all day long. Seriously. She never gets full and is such a little beggar. Even after her entire meal, when Clint and I sit down to eat, she is hanging onto our legs waiting for us to give her bites. Sage, on the other hand? I have to force feed that child. She usually eats a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, and then that's it. For the day. She is the pickiest eater I have ever seen. I get so frustrated at meal times trying to get her to eat food. Other than not eating, she is a full blown two year old. Major mood swings, and although the tantrums are at times enough to make me want to scream, she is still for the most part the sweetest, gentlest little girl. She is so soft spoken and polite and looks out for Charlotte constantly. She's been saying some of the craziest things lately. Like: "My tummy hurts, brownies will make it feel better." -- "Oh my gosh. That's so crazy!" -- "Sagey need to go poop in the closet. I'll be right back." -- "Mommy feel all better now?" (after I've gone to the bathroom.) -- "Night night Charlotte. I love you. Sweet dreams baby girl." She says this every night when we put C down. She mimics everything I say and I've had to be super careful lately about what I say. (remember how I sometimes have a potty mouth? I'm really working on it.)
This morning they wanted to watch cartoons -- we are usually in too big of a hurry for this luxury. So they were loving their snuggly time on the couch. It was pretty stinking cute.
Besides keeping the girls entertained, we've been busy doing lots of things. Clint had LASIK done on his eyes last Friday and is loving his new eye sight. We were driving home from his post-op appointment on Saturday and he claimed he could see the small pebbles on the mountain by his parent's house...more than 20 miles away from us at the time. Dork. He got super queasy right before they did it and was sooo white when he came out. He has a major fetish about anything medical related. He keeps telling me that he is so shocked he went through with it. He thought he'd back out at the last minute. He's glad he did it now though. I am, too. I was not a huge fan of the glasses he always picked out. :) Work is busy for him still. He now covers the entire valley, not just the East side. So even though he works from 3AM to 6PM already, I'm thinking we'll be seeing less of him. :( We are so grateful that he has work and that we are able to pay our bills and have the things we need.
I have been busy too. Besides work, I made new curtains for my bedroom. The fabric is super cute--possibly a little more retro than I thought they would be, but I still love it. I told Clint that I wouldn't need to change anything in our room, but now that it's up, I've got to change everything. The bedspread, the bathroom towels and floor mats, everything. He's not too happy about that. For now, nothing matches the curtains so you'll have to wait till I get things more coordinated to see how they turned out. :) I'm making curtains for my kitchen next and can't wait for the fabric to get in so I can start.
I've also turned over a new leaf. Well, almost. It's about half-way turned over. I am really really trying to be more positive about my self image. (this will sound stupid. fyi.) I have never been super happy with my body (who is?), but have been content in my skin. Lately though, I have been OBSESSED with diets and trying to get skinny. My body has always been at a certain weight-no matter what I do- and I really wanted to try to break that trend. I did a full seven weeks of Body for Life and didn't even lose half a pound. I never cheated, either. I ate super healthy every day (except Saturdays....!) and exercised like usual and although I toned up a teensy tiny bit more, I didn't lose or see any visual change. I've considered doing the Paleo diet (all the rage right now), the HCG diet, etc., but I just don't know if my body will ever shed the pounds I want it to. I don't think it's healthy for me to be constantly worried about anything I put into my mouth that isn't diet approved. It's annoying and takes up too much time! I want to be able to enjoy a bowl of cereal without feeling guilty the whole time. I think part of the reason I've been so obsessed with it lately is because all of my friends are dieting. I've kind of just jumped on the diet bandwagon. And I'm so ready to jump off!!!! I consider myself to be a healthy eater, and I've decided that as long as I'm not gaining weight, I'm ok. I am really really really trying to think less about my weight and more about more important things. I am always comparing myself to others and that is such a horrible habit. I don't want my girls to ever do that, so I'm going to stop doing it myself. (easier said than done, right?!) So. If you see me around, don't ask me about my diet anymore. Got it? I'm done!!! :)















8 comments:
Wow yall have been busy! Love that couch picture. Charly & E sound like 2 peas in a pod with their personalities. And I love all the things that Sage is saying.
sage is hiliarous!! and good call on the dieting. I am off the diet bandwagon with you. for 9 months at least. haha. healthy with the occasional brownie or see's candy sounds like a happy medium to me :-)
You should be off the diet! #1 - you look great. #2 - your little mimic-ers are going to watch you, and learn from your self-image! I've decided our bodies will be where they want to be no matter what. I'm gaining back the weight that I lost from my last diet faster than I lost it, I think. So, $400 and lots of suffering down the drain. If I could just motivate myself to exercise, I'm sure that would be good for me, but you already do all of that! Now, I'm going to go get something to eat!
you do look great, and I feel the same way. Everyone's body has a weight that its comfortable at.(I can't wait to get there) but life's not worth living if you can't treat yourself. And I'm with you on the 2 year old thing. Mine drives me nuts, but they are so dang cute!!!
You guys have been busy! I'm jealous of Clint with his new eyes. Your girls are so cute! And I hear ya with the diet/body image thing. I suffer from the same thing. But I've learned a few lessons in the past year that have helped me. Call me sometime! I'm going to have to Google paleo diet because I've never heard of it (not that I am going to do it of course).
Last picture of them on the couch is too cute. I love it.
Love that you are embracing your image for the way it is and done comparing yourself to others! I too am guilty of comparing myself to others (I think every girl is) but I have realized that everyones bodies are different. Even if I follow the same exact diet and workout regime as some victorias secret model, I can guarantee my body will never look like that. Ever. Besides, I get way too much satisfaction out of delicious food to ever go on a strict diet...its just not worth it! You look amazing, always, Marianne! And one thing I have always admired about you is your healthy workout habits and your dedication to exercise. So keep exercising like you always have, and throw the diet stuff out the window. I think you are beautiful!
xoxo
I have to watch what I say around Kelly too. A two year old saying "that freaking sucks" is not okay. And he has said that. So embarassing! Anyway, good for you about the dieting thing! You are the healthiest person I know with all your exercise and I think you look awesome. Always have.
Post a Comment