Girls Trip to New York City 2010 was a huge success. I have a million pictures I'd love to put up here, but I will try to condense. We all flew in from different states and arrived at our three bedroom practically free apartment (thanks Kristi hook-ups!) after a near death ride through the ghetto. (thanks to Kristi again....the girl can drive.) We shared one bathroom between all nine of us for four days and had so much fun.
The highlights:
lots and lots of food from yummy places like:
Crumbs
Shake Shack
Carnegie Deli
Grimaldi's
Thai and Indian food (don't remember what they were called)
lots of gyros and candied nuts from street vendors...delish!


Highlights of the trip:
-Trying to get a good jumping pic of the whole group. First in Time Square--where we all shed our shirts and put on our I heart NY shirts. This didn't cause a scene at all. Then again by the Statue of Liberty. I was the one with issues. Everyone would be in the air in a perfect pose and I'd be the dumb one on the ground getting ready to jump. And of course, Stacy's frigging hilarious faces in all of them. So so funny.
-Mom passing all of her stuff onto others to carry and then sprinting across Brooklyn Bridge.
-Being so tired on the way home each day but then staying up late talking.
-Eating all day then coming home and immediately breaking open the candy.
-Meeting my new sister-in-law! (Kris is engaged!)
Brooklyn Bridge:


After our hour long walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, we waited for almost an hour for our pizza. Good thing it was delicious.

Carnegie Deli--not the best food, but THE BEST CHEESECAKE EVER.


It's not a girls trip without lots of CANDY. Thanks Aunt Susan, Kristi and Stacy for stocking the fridge and candy closet well!!!

Lots of fun rides on the subway. Right, Brenna??



The Temple. Right smack dab in the middle of New York. You walk in and the buzz of the city totally disappears. I can't remember how thick the walls are, but I think they said something like five feet thick to drown out the noise.

Dancing in front of Julliard

Central Park

We tried to spell LOVE here, but we've got one "L", one "O", three "V's", and no "E's". I'm not sure what letter Aud and Brenna are doing.

We HAD to visit Tiffanys

FAO Schwartz


Ground Zero

All around the city, there are reminders of 9/11. This was one of the many we saw. It was in one of the towers and represents world peace. There is a small fire (if you can see it) that is constantly burning.

On our way to see "Wicked". Half of us went to "Wicked", the other half went to see "In the Heights".


Time Square


Our attempt at sad faces to show how tired we all were from walking a million miles

Can you see the Statue of Liberty in the background?


Outside Dylan's Candy Store....THREE floors of candy. We spent like an hour in there.

All nine of us in one elevator!

Click below picture to see Stacy's face. Trust me, it's worth it.



See? This one would have been perfect if I could have jumped quicker! Oh, and please note Kristi's arm. Very strange looking.







All in all, a super fun trip. Thanks to Kristi for being our tour guide, and thanks to Shari for taking the girls for me! I am counting down the days till next years' trip!!!!! Although next year we all decided it'd be to a beach somewhere a bit more relaxing. This trip wore us out!
The highlights:
lots and lots of food from yummy places like:
Crumbs
Shake Shack
Carnegie Deli
Grimaldi's
Thai and Indian food (don't remember what they were called)
lots of gyros and candied nuts from street vendors...delish!

Highlights of the trip:
-Trying to get a good jumping pic of the whole group. First in Time Square--where we all shed our shirts and put on our I heart NY shirts. This didn't cause a scene at all. Then again by the Statue of Liberty. I was the one with issues. Everyone would be in the air in a perfect pose and I'd be the dumb one on the ground getting ready to jump. And of course, Stacy's frigging hilarious faces in all of them. So so funny.
-Mom passing all of her stuff onto others to carry and then sprinting across Brooklyn Bridge.
-Being so tired on the way home each day but then staying up late talking.
-Eating all day then coming home and immediately breaking open the candy.
-Meeting my new sister-in-law! (Kris is engaged!)
Brooklyn Bridge:
After our hour long walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, we waited for almost an hour for our pizza. Good thing it was delicious.
Carnegie Deli--not the best food, but THE BEST CHEESECAKE EVER.
It's not a girls trip without lots of CANDY. Thanks Aunt Susan, Kristi and Stacy for stocking the fridge and candy closet well!!!
Lots of fun rides on the subway. Right, Brenna??
The Temple. Right smack dab in the middle of New York. You walk in and the buzz of the city totally disappears. I can't remember how thick the walls are, but I think they said something like five feet thick to drown out the noise.

Dancing in front of Julliard
Central Park
We tried to spell LOVE here, but we've got one "L", one "O", three "V's", and no "E's". I'm not sure what letter Aud and Brenna are doing.
We HAD to visit Tiffanys
FAO Schwartz
Ground Zero
All around the city, there are reminders of 9/11. This was one of the many we saw. It was in one of the towers and represents world peace. There is a small fire (if you can see it) that is constantly burning.

On our way to see "Wicked". Half of us went to "Wicked", the other half went to see "In the Heights".

Time Square
Our attempt at sad faces to show how tired we all were from walking a million miles
Can you see the Statue of Liberty in the background?
Outside Dylan's Candy Store....THREE floors of candy. We spent like an hour in there.
All nine of us in one elevator!

Click below picture to see Stacy's face. Trust me, it's worth it.
See? This one would have been perfect if I could have jumped quicker! Oh, and please note Kristi's arm. Very strange looking.

All in all, a super fun trip. Thanks to Kristi for being our tour guide, and thanks to Shari for taking the girls for me! I am counting down the days till next years' trip!!!!! Although next year we all decided it'd be to a beach somewhere a bit more relaxing. This trip wore us out!















10 comments:
Jealous. Jealous jealous jealous.
Oh my SO FUN!! I think I gained 5 pounds just LOOKING at ALL that good food!! My sister and I want to go to NYC sometime for a girls trip!! Love all the jumping pics!! Too funny!!
love this post!
You tell me how to make an 'E' out of your hands for a picture! :)
GREAT post bop. We miss you guys.
LOVE all the pics! When I saw them on facebook, I was wondering who the new face was....I recognized your cousins, but I couldn't figure out who that last person was...now I know! Congrats to Kris on the engagement, she is super cute!
I am totally jealous of this trip! Makes me want to plan a girls trip with my fam right now!!!
Glad you guys had so much fun! :)
SOOOOOO JEALOUS! I want to go back so bad, New York is so fun! These pics are all amazing and it looks like you girls had a blast!
How fun. It's nice that you guys can all get away at the same time.
So fun! I hope to go back to NYC some day. Congrats to Kris for getting engaged! She's a cutie.
what fun memories! I wish I had a cool family. maybe you guys could adopt me hahaha j/k. I love the pick in your ny shirts at times square. its soooo colorful!!
Post a Comment