Monday, October 29, 2007

Constipation. Enough said.

So no picture to accompany this little story, but I'm sure that by the title of this post you're probably glad. So I'm at school today and a little gal asks to use the restroom. She goes, and after about five minutes I start to wonder if she's ok. I wander over to the restroom and I hear her crying. I ask through the stall if she's ok, and she responds, "No, I'm not okay!! I'm so constipated I can't stand it! Could you please come in here and help me?" Wow. I thought maybe she was having other girl problems or something. This, I was unprepared for. I wasn't quite sure how she wanted me to help. I mean how many options for constipation are there? So she proceeds to tell me that she's been pushing and pushing but nothing is coming out, but she knows it's in there. I thanked her for the details. After trying giving her water to drink to try to flush it out, I eventually called the nurse down and let her handle the situation. Another day in paradise!!!!

4 comments:

Katie Peterson said...

That is sooo FUNNY! I love reading your posts about work. I am dying laughing....poor little girl. Gotta love the school nurse....the stuff she has to handle, yuck!

Tiffany said...

What a funny story! That poor girl! You are a brave teacher to go in there and check on her...I just wait for my kindergarteners to come out, no matter how long it takes, and then ask them what took so long...which I sometimes regret asking because then I get a detailed explanation about how long it took them to "get their poo out." lol

Jalei & Lane said...

EEEWWWWW! How random is that?

Jason and Kate said...

I heart that story! LOL!!!