Monday, October 1, 2007

Girl's Weekend in Cali!


A few fun beach shots. It was pretty chilly, but we enjoyed laying on the beach with our noses in our books. What nerds we are. Doesn't my mom look like a supermodel? All weekend long, people kept asking if the four of us were sisters. When we told them there were five more kids, we got some fairly crazy stares.


Above: Going to bed at nine and waking up at nine. Felt fabulous.

Below: Amber did our hair. It was the first time since I got a haircut two months ago that my hair has been blow-dried or curled. I ususally roll down the car window on my way to work every day and hang my head out like a dog to get it dry. It usually looks fantastic.

OK. Let me explain these two pics. Above, after driving in circles for FOREVER, we finally ended up eating at IHOP one night. Finding places to eat were hard b/c both Amber and I were sick the whole time. My mom took this picture right after Amber had finished gagging on her drink, and we were all crying laughing so hard.
Below is even better. After being in the backseat of the car for a while, I could tell things were not looking good. My mom had the bag ready for me just in time for my breakfast to come up. Again, Amber started gagging in the front seat and we almost had to share the bag. It was great fun. My mom, always taking care of me, volunteered to carry the bag that smelt like roses to the trash can for me. It was a very long day.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute!! I cant wait till my sisters and mom are able to go on trips together!!

Regina said...

Looks like ya'll had fun!! I didn't know Amber was pregnant too! That's fun. Hope your sick days will soon be behind you. :)

Naylor Family said...

You guys really know how to have fun! That's so great that you all got to do that together! I'm so jealous! You guys all look cute! Let me know when you want to do your stripes! I want to see how everything has come together!

Katherine Young said...

that looks fun..next year ill be there, dangit!

Jalei & Lane said...

Yall are so lucky to be able to go on a vacation together! You guys are so cute! I'm just imagining nonstop laughter:) Put some more pics up of your house!

Kirkhams said...

One-I love the new look for the blog!
Two-I'm so sorry you were so sick for the trip.
Three-What a fun trip!
Four-I just felt like there needed to be a fourth!Love you!

eyre blog said...

what a bunch of babes! I am jealous and wish we could have been there with you. Sure love you guys

Naylor Family said...

Man....did you miss out on some fun last night...hmmm...Amber helped me with my dishes and we made some cookies. Let me know when you're painting next, are you out of school this week? I'd love to come see everything you've done!

Katie Peterson said...

Oh girl I am so sorry you have been so sick! It looks like you girls had A TON of fun...what would that be like to get 12 hours of sleep?? Its been way too long, live it up while you can! ;-)

Jenni said...

I am WAY jealous... I wish I could take a trip with my mom and sister...but my mom doesn't know how to have fun without working...it SUCKS.
I feel your pain...I lived like that for two weeks, but I'm not getting anything good out of it!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Let me premise this with our husbands know each other, I'm not just a random blog stalker... Anyways, I saw your guys' name pop up and had to check you out. Congrats on the pregnancy! That's super exciting. And congrats on getting a house, and generally, I'm glad I "hopped" into you!