So it's 10:30 and I'm still up, which probably sounds early to some of you, but we have a pretty early bedtime around here so I am pretty upset with myself for not being asleep right now. I had a doctor's appointment today and everything went fine, but I swear they give you a million things to worry about. We had our third ultra sound last week because they were worried that she wasn't gaining weight--so after a very uncomfortable two hours of holding 32 oz. of H2O and then having someone pushing around my stomach, they told us she would be small, but fine. Well, little did we know that they (the people who administer the ultra sound) are unable to give you any details about what they find. So when I show up for my apt. today, my doctor informs me that they are sending us back in for our fourth test! I guess her small little heart has them worried. They were unable to get a close enough look at two of the veins that were running parallel to each other, but noticed some irregularities and want us to go in for a more thorough examination. We were told not to worry, but anyone who knows me knows that I am a worry-wart. I
know she is going to be fine and I shouldn't stress about it, but the mind is a strange thing, and mine really wanders! Anyway, I will let you all know what they say!!
14 comments:
I am sorry to hear about the latest worries. I am sure that everything will be just fine, doctors just have to be extra careful. But I couldn't understand more about being a worrier. I swear I lose sleep all the time because I am worrying about the same 'ole things over and over. Please keep us posted on everything. You and the baby will be in my prayers:)
Sorry to hear that, I hope everything is okay!! Im sure it will be!
Oh geez, I'm so sorry. They thought that my second baby had a heart defect (she doesn't) but they couldn't tell for sure until she was born. Scared the crap out of me.
Anyways, ~hugs~ I'm sure it will all work out.
(Oh, and I never drank the required amount of water and held it. I couldn't. AND? they never noticed.)
Oh I am so sorry to hear that! I am sure everything will turn out fine, but it just stinks that you won't be completely relieved of the worrying until the little gal is born. Trust me, it will go by fast. Let us know what the docs say.
You cute girl, I am so sorry you are having to worry so much. Ultrasounds can really be fun and sometimes they are ultra sensitive and scare the docs for no reason. With Blake, they noticed a small spot, called a foci, on his heart and said it could be a sign of downs. Then at the next ultrasound it was gone. Interesting. Also, when I was 39weeks with Blake, I got rear ended so they had to do a special ultrasound and the tech was all, "how far along did you say you are?" and I could tell she was worried. I said 39 weeks, and she frowned as she meausured his femur again, saying he was only measuring 36. She had me freaking out about intrauterine growth retardation. Then I saw the doc and he said all techs measure differently. Just so you know, from the moment Blake was born, he has always been in 95th or above percentile for heighth, so she was measuring way way wrong. He has always been long, in fact 21 inches long when he was born, one week after I was told he was 3 weeks behind! With Braden, his nucal transluscensy was abnormal indicating downs or other developmental problems. Then at the next ultrasound it was normal and the doc told us the only reason it showed abnormal before was b/c they were measuring it at the wrong gestational age. Talk about lots of sleepless nights for nothing, so I understand how you feel. I swear by the time I am prego with number three, I am going to be dreading what they might alarm me with. We will pray for yall and want an update as soon as you know how she is.
I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure everything will work out fine and the baby will be borm happy and healthy! And docs don't know how much those words "don't worry about it" make you worry even more... I'm right there with you on that one!
Just remember that the resolution isn't very good on ultra sounds, so docs always have to double check these things. No reason to worry until they say so. But if you can't help it, call me! You're in my prayers. All by pregnant friends are!
I am a worry wart too! I am going to be a wreck when I am pregnant! I am sorry about all that going on...but I am sure everything really will be ok! Especially if the doctors are telling you not to worry (even though you are going to worry anyways!) You and the baby will be in our prayers! Please keep us updated!! Love ya!
Keep us posted, Marianne! We'll keep you in our prayers! I'm sure she will be ABSOLUTELY perfect!
And...tell me your email, again, so that I can email you my address!
I'm sure everything will be ok. It is really cool how much they can see in ultrasounds now, so they are able to see even the slightest things. That way you can start to fix things soon if needed. She will be great and beautiful I'm sure. Don't worry too much because those pregnancy hormones will really get you upset fast!
telling you to not worry was the wrong the for the doc. to say. i hope your sleeping better, and im sure the baby is a-o-k. bj and i are for sure (i think) coming out for connors baby blessing, so like i said before, please inform this little gal we are coming and that her apperence needs to be made before or the weekend of our visit.
love you sister
so when is the next ultrasound? When can you find out what's going on? She is going to be here really soon so they better hurry and get all the looking around they need to. You are in our prayers too.
By seeing my prego picture you should feel A TON better...I told you you're tiny! Let us know when you find out. Also, the night of your baby shower I have an enrichment thing, so I'll probably come either right at the beginning, or at the very end! PS, we need to switch Friends DVDs...sorry I've had them FOREVER!
Post a Comment