Monday, May 4, 2009

My Hat Girl

Sage has been the BEST little girl the past few weeks. Non stop smiling, tons of jabbering, just so fun. She'll be 13 months on Friday--and has picked up a few new habits. She has turned into SUCH a girl. First thing in the morning, she holds her wrist out for me to put her bracelet on. She is so patient too, and just sits there w/ her hand out for several minutes waiting for mom and my fat fingers to work the clasp. Next to put on? Her hat. EVERY morning. She is in love with hats and that has to come on right after her bracelet. While the hat and bracelet are being put on, she's holding her shoes in her hands. That's her other latest obsession. She's been wearing shoes instead of socks lately and is too funny with them. I have to put them on right when she wakes up, and if they come off--she'll bring them to me and hold her feet in the air. It's hilarious. I think she's got lots of my traits, too. For instance....if she's crawling around and finds a piece of dirt or something that doesn't belong on the floor, she picks it up and brings it to me so I can throw it away. Strange, right? Or this--when she's eating two different kinds of foods at once, like grapes and cheese--she separates's them. That's right. She's got two cup holders on her high chair, and she puts grapes on one side and cheese on the other. I need to snap a picture of that cause it's too cute. She's also finally mastered her first sign! She's got "more" down, so anytime she wants more of something, she makes the sign for it. She's doing it in this picture...she gets very proud of herself for doing it, too. Next we're working on milk and drink. Note the hat.Playing peek-a-boo, her latest favorite game. She says it, "peeboo". This one makes me laugh so hard. I got her up from nap today and she saw the cowboy hat so that had to get put on. Then we come down stairs and the ball cap is on the stair railing. She pointed and grunted at it, but I passed it by because she was already wearing a hat, right? Wrong. She had a bit of a fit. So...we went back, got the ball cap and she had to wear both. If you look close you can see one of her giant tears from her hissy fit. I think her smile says it all....she got what she wanted! The little devil.
Here she is enjoying a little PB&J
Story time is still her favorite thing in the world. The second daddy comes home from work, she grabs a book and climbs on his lap. She'll sit still listening to stories for as long as we'll read to her. It's kinda strange. Side note--Clint is the best daddy. He just eats Sage up, and the minute he gets home from work she reaches for him and follows him around non-stop. She's for sure turning into a daddy's girl.She LOVES being outside, and could play on her little chair for hours.One of her other favorite things to do is play in her room on her deck. I went in to check on her the other day because it was dangerously quiet, and I found her looking through her baby book. It was too cute because she was being so gentle with it and looking at every single picture. She fell down the stairs once this week and had a shiner on her forehead for a few days. Now every time she is ready to get down, she bangs on the stairs for me till I come. She's a genius.Yesterday we went to the Copple's to see Craig, Chance and Kenedi who were down just for a short visit. It was so good to see them. We took Kenedi and Sage for a wagon ride and I still can't get over how much Kenedi has changed since I last saw her! Look at all that curly hair!
Chance still melts my heart.
That's the latest. I've started turning my blog into a blurb book so I'm going to try to update more often. We'll see how long it lasts.

9 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Sounds like Sage picks up on things very quickly! She'll be in honors classes for sure :)

Julie said...

Marianne, she is so CUTE! What a beautiful little girl. She's also such a great baby! May all your babies be as good and easy as she is :-).

Anonymous said...

Sage is an awesome baby :) SHe is developing quiet the personality. I am sure she is going to be a great big sis to this next one.

Kristina Rich said...

I could just eat that girl up. What a doll!

Shari said...

She is so big! I've been keeping an eye on her and it still surprises me how fast she is growing up!! Where did the little baby girl go? You guys are such an adorable family. I'm glad we've finally got a little girl in the lineage!! And another on the way! :)

Brad and Laurie said...

We live too far apart :~(

Jami said...

That's great. I love hats. The girls have tons of dress up ones too.

the tatsaks said...

She is so precious! I just got my first blog book from July-December of last year and I LOVE it!!!

Naylor Family said...

Real Deals is on Baseline just west of Mesa drive on the north side of the road. It's only open Thursday and Saturday. You'd LOVE it! www.realdeals.net