Remember a few posts back when I talked about Clint being a bad boy? Well yesterday I came two seconds away from witnessing it first hand. It was CRAZY for our quiet little neighborhood. Here's the gist of what happened.
Clint took Sage to the park to play and while there, a black car was speeding through the streets going super fast and squealing his tires like crazy. All the parents at the park were upset and wondering who he was. While Clint was walking Sage home, this car came speeding around our corner and clipped the curb of the sidewalk that Sage was walking on. Clint brought Sage inside and went right back out, with an old bike of his and waited for the guy to come back around-which he knew he would because he'd been making loops around our hood. So Clint is standing in the street, prepared to throw his bike in the guys path so that he would slow down, when- just as expected, the guy comes tearing around the corner. Clint throws his hands in the air and makes a face as if to say "what the h you doing?"--and the guy gets out. A big ole black guy. Keep in mind, I had no idea this was going on. I was inside with the girls wondering what Clint was doing. Apparently, the conversation went something like this:
Clint: Is there a reason you're driving so fast around the neighborhood?
Big dude: Excuse me? Are you talking to me like that? You think you can talk to me like I'm some kid? Who the #@%$* do you think you are? (g-rated screening for you.)
You just about hit my daughter driving like that. All I'm asking is that you slow down.
You @*!$#, you think I can't drive? I'm from the ghetto.
Well, we're not in the ghetto.
That's right, we ain't. (okay......) But you don't need to talk to me like I'm some kid and don't know how to drive.
Look, all I'm saying is that you've been making loops through our neighborhood going way too fast and I've got little kids that play out here. All I'm worried about are my kids. That's all I'm saying.
I've got kids too you #&$*!
Enter ME. Could you stop using that foul language, please? (I know, I'm a retard.)
(glare at me, turn to Clint) You better control yo woman 'for I disrespect her. This is #%&! I can't believe this. Who you two think you are? This is @*&$!
Please, just get in your car, Clint- get in the house, let's just leave this alone.
Listen to yo woman. Get in the house 'for I woop your #%@. (at this point, he grabs Clint by the arm and gets RIGHT up in his face)
(I run over)- seriously, this is ridiculous. Get in your car and leave and we'll go inside and we can just get on with our day, ok?
You're right. Let's go.
Ya, go! Get out of my face you @%&*!
So....crazy, right? I shortened the version down quite a bit. They were out there for about ten minutes- this guy just wouldn't shut up. Clint called the cops just to report the guy, that way if it went any further they'd have record of what happened. He was drunk or at least on the verge so if he hadn't gone straight home we wanted the cops to come get him. The guy lives three doors down so we don't want to start a war, but we are so not ok with drunk drivers. About ten minutes after we got off the phone with the police, someone knocks on our door. Clint was in the shower and I had Charly in my arms--went to open it up and there he was! At first I freaked out, but he was very nice and came over to apologize. He said he had been fighting with his wife and didn't know what came over him--but was very apologetic. He came back by again this morning, to talk to Clint in person since he was in the shower when he stopped by the first time. He said he was up all night feeling bad and said he was horribly embarrassed by his behavior and totally understood why Clint wanted him to slow down. So-nice guy, but man I was nervous for a minute! I thought I was going to see a brawl!
July
7 years ago















12 comments:
Whoa! Crazy! I would have sent the cops over there anyway. And I'm SO surprised he came back by to apologize to you both. That was good of him. But too bad he lives next door!
that is so crazy! my mom said you should send the missionaroies to his house. haha.
holy crazy! i cant believe you opened the door for him! i would have been scared to death! glad it all worked out okay!
Uh, yeah. I can't believe you opened the door!
That totally sounds like something that would have happened at our school. How scary.
crazy! man i hate fast drivers in the neighborhood.. we have one on our street too! i'm glad he was apologetic at last. but man you are crazy for opening the door! i would have freaked!
Man, I miss all the action in our neighborhood! Gail told me about a huge fight that happened in their driveway at 3 am one time. What the heck is with our street???
Haha! That totally sounds like something I would do! That's good that he realized he was wrong, especially since you are neighbors! But what are you thinking opening the door without knowing who it is!! Don't do that!! It is too dangerous these days sadly!
Don't you love it when hubbys are so protective of their family. Good, glad Clint did that. Crazy that the guy lives so close.
What's up with you always having scary things happen to you - the steak salesman that wouldn't leave, the creepy phone call about the stroller, and now this! I am worried about you. That makes me so mad that he was driving like that around small children. Good for Clint for saying something! Go Clint! You da man!
Man, that is crazy!!! I cant believe Clint was so calm! Andrew would have lost it on him!
oh my...I would have been scared too!
Post a Comment