My little baby is nine months old already. I can't believe it. I feel like she'll be one before I know it. I hate taking my kids to their well checks, because they are so expensive and so pointless. They get weighed and measured and 75 bucks later that's it. So I almost didn't take Charlotte to her nine month appointment, but my mom insisted. She (Charly) is on the small side so my mom wanted her checked. So....Charlotte is:
13 lbs 11oz, negative 5%
27 inches, 25%
head, 10%
My doc says I have four weeks to try a few things that he recommended to fatten her up, and then he wants to send us to a GI specialist to check her colon and take her blood just to make sure she is ok. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that since we pay out of pocket for medical stuff. BUT, I guess better safe than sorry so if we have to we will. She is super happy so I am not worried, but I do kind of think something is going on with her. She throws up like crazy still, all day long. It's not just milk. It's everything. Baby food, apple juice, cheerios, ANYTHING that goes in her mouth comes spewing out. I'm kind of annoyed with my pediatrician (whom I normally love) because he hasn't given us anything other than Zantac to try for her vomiting. Granted she can't hold the Zantac down, but still. I am so beyond sick of cleaning up barf! Other than that, she is the absolute best baby in the world. She must be growing, because she is sleeping 14 hours at night. She goes to bed between 6:30 and 7 and I usually have to wake her up at 9. I let her sleep till 9:30 before waking her up today--after almost 15 hours of sleep! She loves her long naps, too. It's crazy. I'm not complaining--I love it. Naps are the best. She isn't crawling on her hands and knees but she gets where she wants to go super fast. She scoots around all day. I try to keep her on the tile but she usually works her way over to the carpet, barfs, then scoots it all over the floor. She loves baby food and rice cereal - but hates her veggies. I force them down her once a day and she acts like she's gagging. Stinker. She is quite the climber and is ALWAYS moving. She can't be left in her bumbo seat at all cause she climbs out and falls over. She loves to jabber and squeal and gives THE BEST cheese grins. I seriously love this baby so so much.

(I know, her bathing suit is a little big.)

13 lbs 11oz, negative 5%
27 inches, 25%
head, 10%
My doc says I have four weeks to try a few things that he recommended to fatten her up, and then he wants to send us to a GI specialist to check her colon and take her blood just to make sure she is ok. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that since we pay out of pocket for medical stuff. BUT, I guess better safe than sorry so if we have to we will. She is super happy so I am not worried, but I do kind of think something is going on with her. She throws up like crazy still, all day long. It's not just milk. It's everything. Baby food, apple juice, cheerios, ANYTHING that goes in her mouth comes spewing out. I'm kind of annoyed with my pediatrician (whom I normally love) because he hasn't given us anything other than Zantac to try for her vomiting. Granted she can't hold the Zantac down, but still. I am so beyond sick of cleaning up barf! Other than that, she is the absolute best baby in the world. She must be growing, because she is sleeping 14 hours at night. She goes to bed between 6:30 and 7 and I usually have to wake her up at 9. I let her sleep till 9:30 before waking her up today--after almost 15 hours of sleep! She loves her long naps, too. It's crazy. I'm not complaining--I love it. Naps are the best. She isn't crawling on her hands and knees but she gets where she wants to go super fast. She scoots around all day. I try to keep her on the tile but she usually works her way over to the carpet, barfs, then scoots it all over the floor. She loves baby food and rice cereal - but hates her veggies. I force them down her once a day and she acts like she's gagging. Stinker. She is quite the climber and is ALWAYS moving. She can't be left in her bumbo seat at all cause she climbs out and falls over. She loves to jabber and squeal and gives THE BEST cheese grins. I seriously love this baby so so much.

(I know, her bathing suit is a little big.)
















3 comments:
If anything is wrong, Lane's prediction is that she has pyloric stenosis. That's where the last part of the stomach before it turns into intestine is too small, so food can't fit through & she throws it up. He says it's easy to correct & they can do an ultrasound to see if that's what's going on. Let me know after 4 weeks what the doc says.
So cute! She really is adorable, Marianne! You're smart to get her in to the doc and keep on top of things. Sometimes babies sleep a lot when they're not getting enough calories to be awake. My friend's baby had that situation. She was really little and short and wasn't gaining weight or height well. They had to intervene medically, and then she started growing like crazy, both height and weight. I don't want to worry you, cuz maybe Charly is just small, but I really would follow up to be sure she's getting what she needs.
Love ya!
Brookelyn had to get an upper GI done back in December at the hospital and it's totally not a big deal at all. It probably took 45 minutes from the time we got there and left. We didn't end up paying for it though because we had met our deductable for the year. So I don't know how much it would be. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with her, and she starts growing quickly in the next 4 weeks.
We should meet up at the splash pad, or do swimming or something this summer.
Post a Comment