Sunday, May 30, 2010

Prescott

Clint and I celebrated our fifth anniversary in Prescott this weekend. We've decided that we'll do something every fifth year. Something out of town, without kids. He chose where we went this year and I choose for year ten. I decided he needed to choose first, because my choice will be expensive. An exotic beach in a super nice hotel. So we are starting a "10 year anniversary" fund to prepare. :-)
Prescott was an awesome choice, though. We had SO much fun. We left Friday afternoon and lucked out by getting a camp site right next to a lake with bike and hiking trails. We pitched our tent and made s'mores--well, Clint did. I'm still on my 60-day no sweets kick so I couldn't have any. (only one week left!) He did show me how to make a proper fire and roast, not melt- marshmallows. Apparently there's an art to it. After s'mores, we went to bed. Clint slept, I tossed and turned on the hard ground. I think next time I'll take a blow up mattress.


Saturday morning we ate at IHop and then hit the bike trails. The weather was so beautiful and the trails were perfect. Not too technical and perfect scenery.

After biking we rented a kayak and took our own little tour around the lake.



Lots of paddling, but most of our time was spent enjoying the sunshine and tanning my super white legs.


When Clint came home from work last Wednesday, he got busy writing out a few goals to keep him busy during his time off work. They were:
1. Ride mountain bike every day.
2. Grow a mean 'stache.

When he told me he wrote out goals I was so proud of him. When he read them to me I about died laughing. Soooo Clint! Here he is at the hotel working on goal #2:
After kayaking we checked into our hotel. Clint took a nap while I soaked in some rays at the pool. Then we cleaned up-went to dinner and to the movies. Sunday we slept in before heading home to pick up the girly's from grandma's house. Friday I was complaining to Clint about how hard Sage has been lately and how excited I was to have time away. He swore I would miss them and I swore I wouldn't. Boy was I wrong! Pretty much all we talked about was the girls. It's so good to be back with my favorite girls in the world. Sage would have LOVED this trip. I want to take her camping with us next time. Thank you Shari for taking such good care of our babies for us. We owe you!
Clint and I are always amazed at how much fun we have when it's just the two of us. We laughed the whole time and seriously had so much fun together. I am always the one complaining about having to spend money on things. When I booked our hotel room, I was whining about how stupid it is to spend $100 bucks to sleep in a room that is nowhere near as comfortable as our own room. But after being able to sleep in and not worry about cleaning the house, working on the computer, getting pictures for work, or taking care of the girls--I've decided it's worth every cent. It was such a relaxing weekend. A few inside jokes I want to remember:
WILSON!
midget horses and Maid Marian
Olive Garden S'mores
2% milk and gas in the tent
lingerie and shirts
"are you getting anywhere?"

I love you, Clint.

5 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

You guys are too cute. So did Clint say how long he planned on keeping the stache??

Allie said...

Lingerie and shirts, huh? That one has me a little curious I must admit! You guys are so cute!

Jami said...

That is a great tradition. We are going on a big trip next year for our tenth.

the tatsaks said...

Andrew and I want to do the same! That sounds like a great weekend and I cannot believe you did not eat any smores!!!! What is wrong with you!

Jill said...

I am totally for the every five year get away trip! I am planning Italy for our 10 year and need to start a fund too!