Friday, August 20, 2010

Charlotte is ONE!

I cannot believe my little gal is ONE already. Time goes by way too fast when they are this age! Charlotte's bday was on the 16th, I'm just a little slow getting caught up on things lately. We celebrated at Grandma and Grandpa Overton's house, and I did not lift a finger to help out. For real. Shari made both of these super cute cakes:


and prepared all of the food for not only our small little family, but for my folks and siblings as well. Thanks Shari, for making sure Charlotte's birthday didn't go unnoticed! (I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to stuff like this.)
It took both Charlotte and Sage a good 10 minutes to warm up to everyone--they were both pretty crabby until the cake came out. Then they were all smiles.


Charlotte was not a fan of our singing Happy Birthday to her. She was so confused.


But after she took a lick of the frosting, she was no longer confused. She dove right into her cake, which is so opposite of Sage at this age. Sage wouldn't go near hers until I shoved it in her mouth. Charly devoured hers and then cried for more.










(that would be cake on my face.)

Big sis enjoying her cake





As you can see, Uncle Zach and Uncle Dustin were totally excited by our party.

Isn't Kris handsome?



I absolutely love love love the first year with my babies. I wish I could keep her this age forever. Charlotte is so different than Sage was and I am loving seeing her little personality pop out every day. She is super spunky and is our little ham. She is always teasing Sage and bullying her. If Sage is whining she whines back at her until Sage gets super mad. She is my WRIGGLE WORM. She never stops moving and only snuggles if she's really tired. Her little body is always two seconds away from falling off of something or out of my arms. She isn't walking yet but I think it'll happen in the next month or two. She is a speed crawler and loves to be chased. She LOVES to dance. She is drinking regular milk now (yea for no more expensive formula!) and doesn't throw it up. She sleeps at least 13 hours every night and takes great naps. She has started refusing baby food and is my champion eater, as long as it's big girl food. She out-eats Sage at every meal--I guess she's trying to make up for lost time. She's still small, but growing lots. I can't wait to see how much she weighs at her appointment next week. She makes me so so happy. I love you Charlotte. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

7 comments:

Allie said...

What a cutie pie! So glad your whole fam was there to celebrate! And oh my, Kris is handsome!

Gail said...

Oh yeah for you guys! I can't believe she's already one! She looks so funny in those picture of everyone singing to her. And I'm so glad to hear that she's finally eating these days. That's awesome. I guess we haven't talked to each other much lately...

Jami said...

Eleanor didn't know what to do with the cake either on her actual birthday. By her party there was no hesitation. Charlotte looks much more interested in the presents than Eleanor. Hope she had a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday cute girl!!!! I cannot believe she is one. That went by way too fast. I loved the lady bug, too cute.

Jalei & Lane said...

Fun party. Those cakes were super cute! And Charly is a little doll!

eyre blog said...

holy moly. I can't believe she is one either. What a doll!
Can't wait to spend time with you guys!!

Matt and Megan said...

I love her baldness!! She is so stinking cute! Her confused face was TOO cute!! Yeah on baby #3!! It is a whole new ball game!! That's why I have been out of blogger world for a while!! But I am back! I am actually training for my first 5k!!! any tips? I seriously wish I had younger sisters I don't think I have seen cuter boys than your brothers!!