Saturday, August 28, 2010

SUPERMAN

I've know Clint for seven years. Been married for five, but known for seven. So for seven years, I've heard about a million times..."man, he looks just like Ben Affleck!", or "man, he could be superman, he looks just like Clark Kent!". I know. He's friggin hot. I married a hottie. My mom and sisters never could figure out why I didn't snatch him up sooner than I did. He's got that sexy chin dimple, the dark thick curly locks, the manly sideburns, and the burly 5 o'clock shadow pretty much all day long. He's hot. Aside from being hot, he IS superman. He always works long days, but lately it's been a little outta control. He's out of bed by 2:15AM and at work by 2:45 to build panels for his crews. Works till at least five, hits the gym, and gets home between 6:30 and seven. That's a long day. He comes home, smothers his three favorite girls in kisses, is complimentary of my lame-A Body for Life dinners, and climbs into bed. He's usually snoring by 8:30. Never does my superman complain. He is always willing to help me with random chores, he handles my melt downs with class and helps me realize that I WILL survive being a mom, he does the yard work, helps with the girls, and is always happy. Clint is one of the most work-devoted men I know. Sometimes it drives me a little bit crazy, but I love that he is so devoted to his job. He rarely misses a day, he is ALWAYS trying to think of ways to improve things at work, he knows just how to handle every man on his crews, and he is on call for them all the time. As in, if his phone rings at 3AM, he answers it. If it rings while he's in the shower, he hops out and gets water all over my floors to answer it. When people ask me what he does for a living, I get all proud of him. It's not the most glamorous job in the world, but I LOVE that he works hard, comes home sweaty and manly, and truly loves what he does. Sometimes I get so proud of him I could just burst. Cheesy? Yes, but true. I love my Superman. I think he will have to dress up this Halloween as Superman. And maybe wear his costume to bed. ;-) (TMI?)

Anyways...what do you think? Ben or Clark? Or hotter than both?
Agreed. Hotter than both.




4 comments:

Shari said...

Ah, just wait until you have a grown son and you'll know how much I love this post! He's lucky to have you, too!!

Jalei & Lane said...

Such a sweet post Marianne. Has Clint read it yet? I bet he would get embarrassed. Hope that Superman suit works out for you;)

Julie said...

The tmi was PRICELESS!

Tiffany said...

lol, TMI!!! Hilarious though ;)