Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine Scavenger Hunt

My super talented and creative cousins put on a scavenger hunt for their husbands last year on Valentine's day, and this year I decided to copy every single thing about theirs and do one for Clint. I got a group of friends together and we had a few fun late nights coming up with rhymes and clues and doing lots of trash talking. Good times. All of our significant others are pretty...uh....laid back? I guess you could call it. So we were well aware of the fact that they would all think this was super cheesy and ridiculous. We were right. But thankfully they played along and were good sports about it.
We got off to a rocky start because my ladies decided to throw a fit about going to grandma's for the evening. Here are a few of the fellas who were dropped off on my doorstep wondering what the heck was going on. Don't they look enthusiastic about our night??!

Once Clint made it home the boys were given their beautiful hand crafted shirts with hearts that looked like butt-prints, along with their first clue that said something to the effect of (because I can't remember the exact rhyme)
Find the high school closest to you,
No phones aloud, sucky for you.
Get your heart rate up and enjoy the view
While you work hard to find your next clue.
Photobucket
Photobucket
So they loaded up into the hot mini van and took off for the high school bleachers.
Photobucket
There, we had hidden a bag full of crafting papers, stickers, markers, glue, scissors, etc. so they could make us a card. Of course someone stole it. Yup. STOLE IT. As in picked up the bad, read the clue attached to it and thought it was theirs. The guys called us (they took one phone) to let us know that they couldn't find it but of course we didn't believe them. So a few of us ran down there to make sure-- and sure enough, it was gone. So that stank.


Here they are killing time at the track. Since they couldn't make us cards, we just gave them their next clue.
Photobucket
For this one they went to Kemra's house and had to find match up our favorite candy bars to our name. They flew right through this one and Clint remembered better than I did what my favorite candy is. I just said almond m & m's because I couldn't decide, but Reisen's really are my all time favorite candy! I love that he remembered and wrote it down on paper. The picture is blurry, but my m & m's are tossed to the side and that little paper under my name says "reisens". What a guy.
Photobucket
The next clue said something like:
Buzz, Woody, Jessie and friends,
All have something in common that sends--
You to the next house, but drive with care,
For if you do, kisses await you there.

This one sent them to the "Woody's" house where they had to find the chocolate kiss with a dot drawn on the bottom, but had to eat each piece of chocolate they touched until they found it. Clint posed. Nasty. These pics aren't the greatest because the gentlemen took them. Oh. And we had set up video baby monitors on this one so that we could watch from outside. I was home with a sleeping baby but from what the girls said, this was hilarious. Once they learned they were being spied on, BJ mooned the camera. For like ten minutes. That's my brother.


The final clue said:

This sent them to my house where we ate cafe rio and lots of goodies. I had been on a no sweets diet for six weeks and this was my last day, so I possibly consumed waaaaaay too many calories.
Photobucket
All in all, a very fun night. We all had a blast and I'm glad we decided to do something fun this year. I'm not much of a party planner or anything, but this was laid back and fun. I think all the men had a really good time too, despite how much they hate Valentine's day and aren't much into things like this.
So....thanks Stacie and Allie for the fun party! haha!

4 comments:

Shari said...

What a sweet thing to do for your guys! I hope to do something more for mine next year! :)This year was a pretty slow year in the Valentine category. But I don't think I ever got quite this creative!

Jalei & Lane said...

Love this idea! In fact, I'm going to pin it for next year :)

Jami said...

So cute! Must steal.

Tiffany said...

How fun!!! Such a cute idea! I love it! :)