Saturday, August 8, 2009

Update

Our week has been crazy! My family is here; they came early for GG's funeral and are staying through the birth of the baby and a bit after, so we are so lucky to have them here for a while. Grandma's viewing/funeral/burial was Wednesday in Safford, and went beautifully. I will be posting pictures later so will save details for that post, but for now--it couldn't have gone better. Grandma would have been pleased.
Sage is back to her chippper, happy little self. She has been such a good girl. Here is a photo of her first picture.... She stole this doll from Aunt Amber's house and carries it with her everywhere. It cries and moves around, which scared her at first but she loves it now. Maybe it'll help her get ready for her little sister?
For some reason, her latest hat obsession is the sun hat she wears in the pool. And every time she gets in her chair, she automatically folds her arms for prayers. This little gal teaches me important things every day. We took her to Paradise Bakery for dinner last night, and when we sat down to eat, she folded her arms and looked up at us expectantly--ready to pray. I felt pretty guilty because we usually don't pray out loud in public....looks like she'll be keeping us in line.

Grandma Overton took care of her all day Wed while we were in Safford and sent her home with this cute little doggie backpack. She LOVES it. She wore it all day yesterday, including in her car seat and to dinner.



Baby Two news: NONE. She ain't ever coming out. I had an appointment on Friday, and there has been zero change since last week. Still 80% effaced, still dilated to a "big" 2. I started crying right there in the office, because I am so ready! I'm taking Ambien every night to sleep and am afraid I've become addicted. If I don't take it I have insomnia and am awake for 24 hour stretches-no exaggeration. It's pretty annoying. We've decided that she's having too much fun up in heaven with GG and isn't in any hurry to leave her. So, I guess that's ok. She'll be our little piece of GG when she comes.
Still no name set in stone, but we do have another idea to add to the list that I'm in love with. I think I'll wait to share it because we really don't know what we're going to use yet.

6 comments:

Jami said...

I love the closed mouth smile. Sorry she is so happy. Lorelai was a week late, and we finally had to be induced. Maybe it's a second child thing.

Regina said...

Sweetheart you aren't even 40 weeks yet!! She will come eventually and it will be awesome! Hang in there!!

Jalei & Lane said...

How does your doctor feel about inducing? Can't hurt to ask, right?

Kristina Rich said...

she will come. I'm so sorry its crappy!!!! Have Clint rub your feet for an hour. do you have any good books you're reading? That might help

the tatsaks said...

Oh man, I cant imagine how you feel! I hope she comes soon for you so you can at least get two or three hours of sleep at a time!

Tiffany said...

ugh, sorry about the baby news :( I know it is SOOOO frustrating when nothing is happening! I keep checking your blog to see if you have had her yet! Don't worry though, I bet she will be here any day now... :)