Friday, December 18, 2009

FOUR months

While Charlotte was being weighed, measured, pocked and prodded at her four month check up on Wednesday, Sage was busy getting this:

Our trip to the doctor was a FUN trip. The office was behind (aren't they always?) so I had to nurse Charlotte while we were waiting. While I was nursing, Sage was playing on the small stairs they have in the office for kids to climb up onto the "bed". She fell from the top stair, head first, onto the tile floor and now has a new battle wound. I threw Charly down -- so she was screaming -- and picked up Sage who was inconsolable. The doctors/nurses came in when they heard her fall, which made Sage cry even harder. She was clinging to me so bad and was so scared when I tried to set her down. So, I had a naked baby on the bed crying because I interrupted her meal, a screaming toddler leached onto me, and a doctor who was trying to give me stats, etc. It took us an hour to get out of the office. Next time, Sage is going to have to find a playmate to stay at home with!

My little peanut is super small. Her stats:

Weight: 11 lbs 1 oz 5%

Length: 23.5 inches 20%

Head: 16 3/4 90%
I've been looking through Sage's old baby pictures to compare. Sage was a chunky thing with a teeny tiny head, while Charly is a skinny bean with a huge head! Too funny.
Check out the rolls on Sage!And Charly....A few more shots of her bruise. Here it is all smothered in Vicks...which totally helped! She didn't get a bump at all! That stuff is the best.And her shiner today....

We were going to take our Christmas pictures today, but I think we might wait a few more days to see if the color fades. I'll use this as my excuse for not having my cards out yet. I'm so behind this year!

6 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

What a nightmare! Poor poor Sage. I'm glad she was ok besides the huge bruise. Did Charly get a fever this time around? The first time Elliot got shots, it was no big deal...didn't even faze her. But this time around, she had a fever & has been soooo fussy for 2 days!

AnaleeCuller said...

pick us for next appt with charly!! we want to play with sage :) her poor head! :) see ya tomorrow and thanks again. you da best!

Julie said...

You should have just taken the picture---keeping in real. Ü

Her poor head! Had no idea about the vick---I will have to remember that one!

Regina said...

poor little sage!!! these pics are heartbreaking!!

Jami said...

That is too awful. I always make Patrick go with me if I'm taking the girls to the doctor's.

Adria said...

poor thing, that must of been quite a fall! your kids are so adroable!