One day, I want to go back to school and become a labor and delivery nurse.
One day, I want to have the money/time/dedication to train for and compete in an Ironman.
One day, I want to travel with my husband.
One day, I want to volunteer at the hospital and hold babies that never get held.
One day, I want to be able to pay all of my bills and still have money left over.
One day, I want to work in the temple.
One day, I want to sleep in and not worry about the consequences.
One day, I want to serve a mission with Clint.
But for now, I get to do something infinitely more important. I get to teach this little angel....
One day, I want to have the money/time/dedication to train for and compete in an Ironman.
One day, I want to travel with my husband.
One day, I want to volunteer at the hospital and hold babies that never get held.
One day, I want to be able to pay all of my bills and still have money left over.
One day, I want to work in the temple.
One day, I want to sleep in and not worry about the consequences.
One day, I want to serve a mission with Clint.
But for now, I get to do something infinitely more important. I get to teach this little angel....
to go PEE-PEE ON THE PAW-TEE.
Any tips/suggestions/advice on how to prepare for this would be great. I'm not starting quite yet, but we're getting close. She knows when she's going the bathroom and tells me when it's time to change her diaper. She knows what the toilet is and has no desire to climb on one. Should I get her her own potty chair and let her pick it out? Or are those just a pain? Once I start I want to be dedicated and not give up, so I'm not starting till I'M ready. And I'm not quite there yet, just starting to think about it. Tell me what has or hasn't worked for you, por favor.
Any tips/suggestions/advice on how to prepare for this would be great. I'm not starting quite yet, but we're getting close. She knows when she's going the bathroom and tells me when it's time to change her diaper. She knows what the toilet is and has no desire to climb on one. Should I get her her own potty chair and let her pick it out? Or are those just a pain? Once I start I want to be dedicated and not give up, so I'm not starting till I'M ready. And I'm not quite there yet, just starting to think about it. Tell me what has or hasn't worked for you, por favor.















8 comments:
I will email you a 3 day potty training guide. My sister in law and I both have done and it truly works like a charm!! We have done it with all 4 of our kids and man I am so glad I had it!! And you can not potty train if YOU are not ready!!
I don't have any great advice, since the 2 kids I have potty trained have both gone about it differently! But good luck and get ready for some messes!
I tried to potty train Kinsley twice before we actually stuck to it. I was getting frustrated and one of my friends said that she had read that if you wait until closer to 3 it is much easier. So I did and we started about 2-3 months before she turned 3 and it was a breeze and took about a week!
I have no advice, but I think it would be fun & maybe she would take ownership if she was able to pick out her own potty!
i started bry right at 2.. and she was SOO not ready. she knew when she was going and she would wake up dry..but she was lazy about it. so i did the pull up thing.. DO NOT USE PULL UPS. cause bry learned that it was ok to pee in it since it didnt make a mess. once i buckled down and used only underwear she caught on. she is not potty trained 100%..and she hates messes! buy the elmo potty dvd and there are a few books you can buy too :) GOOD LUCK!
We let Imogen pick the potty, but the rest of the girls had to use the same one. We just got Matilda one of the seats that fit on the big potty. I thought it might help since the potty chair smelled. The funny thing was that now she just uses the potty without anything. My one suggestion is to not switch to pull ups too soon. Once you change, you can't go back to diapers.
Spend a lot of time outside, naked (Sage, not you!) so she can go when she needs to (bring a potty out there) and you don't have to clean up the messes. Do it when SHE is ready. If you try for a few days and she just doesn't get it, wait for several weeks and do it again. Good luck, we are starting with Lauren as well! Fun times...
Go get the book "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" by Drs. Foxx and Azrin and follow the method. It's cheap in paperback and is heavily endorsed all over the place (even by Dr. Phil, for what that's worth!). Works like a charm!
Post a Comment