I don't know about the rest of you, but trying to figure out what to make for dinner every night is my daily struggle. I get so frustrated trying to decide what to make, and then once I figure out what to make, half the time I don't have the right ingredients. I've tried making my own menu, but my efforts usually last a week and then I just get too many other things going. (excuse, I know.) I used to ask Clint, "what do you want for dinner?", to which he would reply, "what are my options?". Annoying. But now, my PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED. For the past SIX months, I have paid ten dollars a month to my girlfriend Heidi, who sends me bi-weekly emails with recipes and grocery lists for each week. All I do is copy/paste the recipes into a word document and print it out, print out my grocery list, and voila! My meals are set for the entire month. What's even better? If you live in AZ, she plans her recipes around the weekly circulars so you are getting things that are on sale. She tells you which ingredients are on sale at which stores so you don't have to figure it out on your own, too. My grocery bill for DINNERS are usually around 20 bucks max for an ENTIRE week. Plus, my fridge is always full of yummy leftovers so my lunches are never boring. So I'm saving money, saving myself the stress of having to figure out what to make, and saving Clint from my boring old cream-of-chicken soup casseroles. :-) So far, there have been only a small handful of meals that I won't repeat. But 99% of the time I absolutely love everything I make. My favorites so far are her Rosemary Chicken Soup, her Olive Garden Tuscana Soup, (I'm a major soup fan!) and her Italian Pasta Salad. YUMMY. So.....if you are always dreading the "what's for dinner?" question--set aside ten bucks a month and let Heidi figure that out for you. You won't regret it. It's the BEST TEN BUCKS I SPEND, EVERY MONTH. Clint agrees, too. He thinks I'm the best chef in the world lately.
If you want more info, let me know and I'll give you her email!
If you want more info, let me know and I'll give you her email!















3 comments:
Very good idea. I spent the past couple of days looking at recipe blogs to get ideas for dinner.
I'd so go for this if Joe would actually eat it. He's kind of a "meat and potatoes" guy. Send me her info, and maybe I'll try it for a month or two and see how it works out.
Hi! I stumbled across your blog through Kate's and LOVE this idea. Would love more info! My e-mail address is lachelleb@macaronikid.com
Post a Comment