Sunday, October 17, 2010

NICK!!!

For those of you who are familiar with my super cool family, you know my brother Nick.
He's 20.
He's hot.
He's always been the "what's gonna happen with Nick?" guy.
And, HE'S GOING ON A MISSION!!!!

I'm so freaking proud of my little brother.
So happy that he's decided to do this.
So happy that he is "pumped", and excited to get out there.
He didn't make this decision lightly.
It's been a long road and a long time coming.

I cried like it was my own kid who made the decision tonight when I heard the news. Cause that's how much I love my brother. It will be so hard for me to say good bye to him for two years, because I've gotten used to having him around out here. I have seen the transformation and changes he has made and can literally SEE how happy he is now. You can hear it in his voice, and feel it when you're around him. I am so eager to hear where he will be going and am already planning all of the super cool (I know I already used the phrase 'super cool' in this post, but everything about this post is super cool so I don't really know what else fits.) packages I will send him. I'm so proud of you Nick. I love you!!!

6 comments:

Bradley said...

Super cool works for me!

Julie said...

That is so awesome!! Thanks, M, for being the bearer of such great news!
Scott and I just booked our tickets to Utah for December. Can't wait to see you there!
Love ya,
Julie

Paul & Marlee said...

I just read this on your dad's status! That is SO "SUPER COOL"! So proud of him, I can only imagine how excited the whole family is!

eyre blog said...

Oh BOOO YEAH! tell him we are shouting hurrays over here for him and the people he will meet!

Jalei & Lane said...

Good for him! He won't regret it.

Allie said...

Oh my word...I have goosebumps covering every spot on my body!!!! Yayyyyyyyyy! This just makes me so happy! Reminds me of Seanny. I love when they go late like that. Maybe they weren't even planning on it or flat out knew they didn't want to, then something changes in their life which leads to a HUGE change of heart, and they are so much happier. Then, since they can so feel the contrast in their life and know exactly why they are finally happy, they can't wait to go serve and give it 100%! So awesome! He is going to be AMAZING! There isn't a stronger conviction he could share than telling those people how much it changed his life for the better! Powerhouse! I love that he moved out to be closer to his AMAZING siblings, and that is when it started happening! Says so much about you guys! I CANNOT wait for Sean to get home, he will die! I remember your mom talking to him about this once since he went late and wasn't even wanting to go when he was younger. How fun!

Loved your comment on my blog. I so agree, whenever I read your posts on parenting or your girls, I feel very aligned with your emotions on motherhood! We need to get together and bawl our eyes out! I am still soooo sad I missed NY! Sucks! Love ya!