Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trunk or Treat

We are going to be out of town this weekend, so we decided to join Amber and her fam at their ward's trunk or treat. No way was I not going to dress up the girls. I mean....LOOK how cute.

Photobucket
I borrowed both costumes from friends, and even have one more for each of them. It's possible I'll be dressing them up in their other costumes too, just for pictures. I have a cheerleader outfit for Sage and a tinkerbell costume for Charlotte. I just couldn't resist having them match. Sage continues to be my little poser. Charlotte....not so much.

Charlotte with Grandpa and Gage---(that boy is the best baby. such a little trooper.)

Sage took a ride on the lawn mower with Kinsey. She SCREAMED.

Charlotte was super content as long as no one interfered with her candy. Clint had worked a 15 hour day and was hating me and my camera, so this is the cheese face I got from him all night.

Charlotte's trick-or-treating routine consisted of:
1. toddle up to car and hold bucket out.
2. retrieve candy from bucket immediately after it's been deposited.
3. squat at car, effectively blocking all other trick or treater's, and inspect candy.
4. hold candy out to mom and whine till it's opened.
5. repeat.
Photobucket
Sage LOVES Kinsey. All night long all I heard out of her was, "I want to hold Kinsey's hand!" Oh, and don't you LOVE Connor's dinosaur costume? So cute!
Photobucket
Sage at home singing songs to her candy. Literally.

The nice thing about them being so little is that by the next morning they had both forgotten about all of their loot. Good thing too, cause it's in the trash! I absolutely LOVE Halloween. I think it's funny to say that too, cause I've never been the biggest Halloween fan. I like it and all, I'm just not super festive. But having kids to dress up and take out is so so so much fun. I almost cried watching them all hold hands and skip from car to car, just because I was so happy. I used to think some parents were so silly because they spent so much time carting their kids from sport to sport and "spoiling" them. But for real, all I want to do is make my kids smile. I love their enthusiasm for the little things and adore this early stage of parenthood. Happy Halloween!!!

7 comments:

Josh and Nat said...

They are so freakin cute. I love both of those costumes!!!!!!!!! Turned out perfect.

Katherine Young said...

hhahah omg SO CUTE!!! and i love sages face in all the pictures, her expressions remind me of kinsey. cute pictures of kinsey and sage, so sweet.

Jalei & Lane said...

Precious little bees! I'm surprised Charly knew to hold out her bucket. I don't think E will get that. Where are yall going out of town to? Are you going to be in Midlothian in December?

Jami said...

I love the costumes. I think matching them is great. Enjoy it while they are little, bu six they don't let you anymore.

the tatsaks said...

I am playing major catch up! I love love love all your posts! Your girls are so precious. I love the post about them playing so well together and being so close. That truly is the best feeling in the world!!!

Tiffany said...

So cute!!!!! Love their costumes! Funny how different your costumes are spending Halloween in Az as opposed to here in Chicago! Charlottes wearing a little spaghetti strap dress while Madden was all bundled up in layers as it was 40 degrees out tonight for our ward trunk or treat! But luckily his costume worked fine with that :)
Its funny cuz I too have never been a huge fan of Halloween and am not real big into costumes and all that, but ever since having a kid its seriously becoming one of my favorite holidays now!
And how funny that you and I are both saying we were never really that "into" Halloween when back in our single days you and I went to a party together dressed up as firefighters, lol. And I have the pictures to prove it. Remember that?? ;)
Happy Halloween!!!

Shari said...

Looks like so much fun! Those little bee costumes are cute.
Wish I would have talked to you before you threw all the candy out - our ward's trunk-or-treat is tomorrow, and I just spent about $20 on candy for it! I could have put yours to use! ha ha!!
I hope you guys have a fun weekend! See you soon.