Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blessings

I'm in a sappy mood tonight. I have so so many blessings and at the top of that list is my family. I love the days when we get to spend time together, without the stress of work and obligations getting in the way. I love the way my girls play so well together and still listen to what we say.
I love Charlotte's new little walk and how she is starting to sign all the time. I love the way she "chews" her food and then spits it out to take another bite. I love the way she never stops drinking water all day long. Like a camel. I love the crazy faces she makes. I love how tiny she is. I love that she is so active and moving all the time. I love that she likes to get dirty. I love how she is all about routine, just like her sister. At night time, she wants things done the exact same way every night. We get jammies on, sing three songs, then snuggle on our chair and read her two favorite books. "One is a Mouse", and "Ten Little Fish". I've tried several times to read different stories to her, but she refuses to listen unless it's those two. She laughs at the last page of "One is a Mouse", when the ant knocks everyone over. Then she points to each fish and counts all ten fish on the last page of "Ten Little Fish". I LOVE it. Then she buries her face in my neck while I carry her to bed. She lays down and rolls over, fingers in mouth and blanky in hand. So so sweet. I can't believe she'll be in nursery next month. My little baby isn't a baby anymore.
Sage is at the funnest age right now too. She is saying new things every day and cracking me up all day long. Like:
When I went to get her out of bed the other day, she started jumping on the bed while holding onto the railing. She pumped her legs in and out, then turned and said, "I'm exercising early today mom!"
Or when I ask her to get something for me, she'll say, "of course, mother". huh??
Her toy broke the other day. She put her pointer finger in the air and said, "Wait a minute! I've got a great idea!" then ran to get the tape.
Last night she was snuggling with Clint in bed when she turned to him and said, "good night dad. I'm sleepy and going to bed now." Then she came in to me and said, "come on mom. I'm ready for bed." So, she climbed into bed, I sang to her, and that was that. Seriously a miracle child. Today at Stake Conference, she sat totally still for two hours playing with her strawberry shortcake toy. (while I was running around like a crazy lady trying to keep Charlotte still) She really is the sweetest little girl. She's totally into shopping lately. She'll say, "let's go shopping at the mall today" or, "Let's go to Target". She will sit still in the shopping cart or stroller all day as long as we're shopping. Crazy girl. She is learning to share her favorite toys with Charly, she is always looking out for her, and is pretty much the best big sister ever.
I am so in love with my sweet little girls. I really think Heavenly Father gave these perfect little girls to me because he knew I didn't have the patience for crazy, misbehaved kids. They have spoiled me rotten and I am so so lucky.

7 comments:

Josh and Nat said...

Your girls ARE so adorable, and are SO well behaved. Rest assured H.F. will not do that to you for ALL of your kids. So brace yourself cuz #3 is gonna be like one of mine, and you are in for it sister! I love thankful moments. Thanks for sharing yours. Love ya girl!

Jami said...

That's not sappy. I think it's wonderful. Also you should be commended for going to stake conference and chasing. I refused to go because of that reason. Oh, how are you getting her into nursey next month? Eleanor doesn't get to go until January, and I am so ready for her to go. Lucky you!

Jalei & Lane said...

So sweet. I love how Sage is really communicating. So cute!

Katherine Young said...

love this post. you are lucky. i love those two girls!!!!!!

the tatsaks said...

SO sweet! I have loved your past several post and videos! Your family is precious! And you make me really want to do another half!

Tiffany said...

You have little angel girls...just wait til you have a boy someday...then you will be in for it! ;)
I can't believe Charlotte is old enough to almost be going to nursery!? She is way too teeny tiny!
I need to have a daughter that enjoys shopping with me like Sage does. Madden is just starting to get to the age where he hates it. But I make him come with me anyways. poor little boy.

Regina said...

So sweet! What little cuties you have! I have sappy days like this too...but then I have days where I want to pull my hair out and snap if I hear the word 'NO' one more time! You seem to have more patience than me!! :)