Friday, December 9, 2011

Catch up

Random thoughts:
I think the real reason new moms don't have to go to church for a while after having a baby is because no one wants to see how tired and haggard we look. Oh, and how fat and fluffy we look.
I also don't think I'll ever get caught up on my to-do list. I really, really, REALLY wanted to do a family newsletter to put in our Xmas cards this year, but, um, not happening.
Sage and Charlotte are horribly sick and I'm feeling puny so I'm praying that little Emery doesn't catch it.
I'm sure I'll get a routine down eventually, but for now, I'm still all over the place. Our mornings start at 7. or 8. or 9. Or pretty much whenever. It drives me mad but I'm trying to RELAX and let my kiddos set the pace for my day instead of my {gotta-get-everything-done-right-now-and-super-fast} normal pace.
Sage is ALL about imaginary play lately and half the time I answer her when she calls for mom and then I get in trouble because, "Moooom, the baby pony is talking to her mommy, NOT you!". Oh. My bad, Sage.
Charlotte is ALL about being a princess and wearing jewels and crowns everywhere we go. As in EVERYWHERE.
Emery is one month old. What?! I love that she's growing and healthy and everything, but really? Really? I want time to stop! She is already starting to outgrow some of her newborn things and it breaks my heart a little. I need her to stay little bitty for longer.
Sage is Emery's second mom and LOVES to help me take care of her. She is so sweet with her.
Charlotte doesn't care so much about holding her, but randomly throughout the day I'll catch her kissing Em and saying, "oh, sweet baby". I just love how
loving my girls are.
Emery is such a good little baby. She is on the three-four hour feeding schedule like her sisters were and is doing great. She still doesn't throw up but seems to get an upset stomach after almost every feeding. Once she burps lots and takes a good poop, she's happy as a lark just laying down looking at lights. She sleeps in our closet instead of right next to our bed as of a few days ago, and it is sooo much better! I don't stay awake for an hour after she eats listening to her little noises, and she goes way longer between feedings now that she is a little farther away. Usually five hours between the first night feeding and then four at the next.
We had our first outing with just us four gals today. It was fantastic. I couldn't put off going to the grocery store any longer, so although they are not feeling great, to WalMart we went. I hardly heard a peep out of all three of them, but it was still a chore. Sage and Charlotte rode in the cart and I strapped Emery to my chest. There wasn't much room for food and I was so worried about keeping E totally covered that by the time I made it back home I was a sweaty mess. But it went really well and I was reminded again of how freaking awesome my girls are. So well behaved and sweet.
I love that when I nurse Emery, S and C are right at my feet entertaining themselves. Most mornings, they bring their books in and "read" to themselves. This morning, Sage got Charlotte all dressed in her princess attire. They are so good at playing together. I'm a lucky momma!

Sage being mommy:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Keeping busy while I nurse:

LOVE this. Emery is hungry here and trying to eat my face.
Photobucket

Photobucket
My attempt at a pinterest inspired month by month photo log. It took quite a few shots and they crack me up!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Clint and I don't exchange Christmas gifts, but Clint, if you're reading this? I really, really, REALLY want a camera. I in no way plan to become an overnight photographer, but one of my favorite things is having pictures of my family. I'm telling you, I would learn how to use it and wow you with my skills. So even though it would cost money we don't have and even though I have no idea which one I want and even though we have lots of other, more important things to pay for...I think you should seriously consider splurging. :)

3 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Your girls are so sweet! I can't believe they entertain themselves while you nurse. Awesome. And miss Em is SO SO CUTE! Do you think she looks like Charly?

Randy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

I love that pinterest idea for monthly baby snapshots! I haven't seen it before, its so cute!!!
You really are lucky to have such sweet, well-behaved, beautiful little girls :)
BTW, that picnik effect I used on my blog that you liked is called HDR-ish. Love it!