Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Cards

This third baby has turned my brain to mush. Really. Keep that in mind as I explain why some of you got either a Christmas card, a birth announcement, BOTH or NETHER in the mail. Here's the deal. I had pictures taken of the girls. I had a birth announcement and a Christmas card made, not thinking to combine the two. I ordered FIFTY of each. FIFTY! And ended up short. That's what happens when you have a big-o family. I wanted all of my fam to have one of each, (even if that seems a little overkill....?) but towards the end I started running out, so I pulled some out of random envelopes to try to make them last a little longer. At the end I had about 20 names printed that I didn't have cards for. To make a long story short, I can only order 50 cards at a time....not just a few. And I didn't want to pay for 50 more. So oh well. Onto our cards:Photobucket
Photobucket
I realize all of these pictures have been on here a time or two before already, but that's ok. If I had been on the ball, I would have typed up a family newsletter to go with our Christmas cards. I've never done one before but always love reading what's going on with everyone else and wanted to start this year. If I had done one, it would have been short and sweet and go something like this:
Overton Top 11 of 2011:
Clint surviving his car accident!
Clint surviving his ruptured appendix!

Clint surviving being outnumbered four to one!
Marianne surviving several months of "single parenthood"!
Marianne surviving a three-year-old, a two-year-old, and a newborn!
Marianne surviving functioning (barely) on zero sleep for 11 (and counting) mo
nths!
Sage going to Joy school and loving every second of it.
Sage becoming our family turbo-tongue and having something to say every single
second of the day.
Charlotte becoming our family princess and donning her tiara and jewels w
ith pizazz.
Charlotte taking on the "quiet child" role and reverting back to grunting and pointing for things.
Emery becoming the perfect addition to our family and making our lives more complete.

Our thoughts and prayers are with each of you this holiday season. We are so very grateful for our Savior and for his love. As this year comes to an end we look back and reflect on all of our many blessings. We are so thankful for our loving Heavenly Father who has watched over us and our loved ones and we pray for a happy and HEALTHY 2012.
Merry Christmas and love from
Clint Marianne Sage Charlotte Emery
Overton


5 comments:

Jami said...

You have had an eventful year. The cards are beautiful.

Hey-can you email me your parent's new address?
Jamijalyn@yahoo.com

Julie said...

So cute, Marianne! Did you realize that your Christmas newsletter is in the shape of a Christmas tree? You have skillz!

Love ya,
Julie

Shari said...

I think you should write a Christmas letter next year. And I hope it is WAY less eventful than this year. You do have some good writing skills! I didn't notice the Christmas tree shape until I read Julie's comment. It's true!! Good job! :)

Cheryl said...

So glad we made the cut and got cards. Thank you! They are so adorable and that bed is darling.

P.S. Say goodbye to the brain. It's unlikely you will see it again!

Jalei & Lane said...

Haha! I'm laughing because I did the exact same thing with our Christmas cards/birth announcements. I had to order a 2nd round because I forgot about some people & then I forgot about some more & refused to order more because they probably wouldn't make it in time. So I took some away from others, blah blah & in the end I'm not sure if I mailed some people 1 or both or none or maybe both twice! And I didn't even send your parents one! Do me a favor & show it to them :)