Monday, December 26, 2011

CHRISTmas

Our Christmas this year was great. I feel like each year I learn a little more of what I want to do the following year, and what I want to leave out. We baked, we delivered treats, we wrapped presents, we looked at Christmas lights, we tried to talk about the real meaning of CHRISTmas and tried to help Sage learn that Joseph, of Mary and Joseph, is not the same man as Joseph Smith. haha. She did NOT get that. We pretty much just enjoyed our family and spent as much time as we could together. Sage doesn't believe me when I tell her Santa isn't coming back until next year. My Christmas decor is all down because the clutter was driving me mad, but since most people still have theirs up, she thinks it is still Christmas and that Santa will be making another visit. :)

Christmas morning we woke up and (after our ritual of milk and story), headed downstairs to see if Santa ate his cookies. He did! S/He enjoyed every bite, too.
Photobucket




Photobucket
After checking on cookies, we opened presents. Charlotte was quiet and reserved while Sage tore into those presents like they were going to disappear if she didn't do it right away. She had so much fun.

Photobucket
Photobucket
After presents we had chocolate chip pancakes. Clint decided to feed Emery syrup while I wasn't looking. When I realized what he was doing I was a little ticked off, until I saw her face:
Photobucket
After breakfast we had baths and got ready for church. Clint's dad was speaking in sacrament so we went to church with them. The girls did great, as usual.
Photobucket
After church it was gift time again. Shari got the girls some of the cutest dress up clothes and bath towels and they LOVED them. We also showed them the dress-up clothes wardrobe thing Clint made for them. It's not completely done, but other than the HUGE size of it, I love it. Clint also surprised me with a little gift that I am now OBSESSED with:
that's right.

He got me a Bosch! I have been talking for a few years about wanting a Kitchen Aid, but after researching them, Clint decided a Bosch was a better deal and worth the extra cash. Plus he went the day before Christmas and got a smokin deal on it. I was tempted to take it back because I didn't like the idea of spending that much money, but he informed me that the place he bought it at does not do returns. Only exchanges. So, I get to just enjoy it. It is AMAZING! I've been watching YouTube videos on everything it does and now I need ALL the attachments for it. OK. Enough about my bosch. Back to Christmas.
Photobucket
Emery all pretty in her Christmas dress from Aunt Amber:
Photobucket

Photobucket
After presents and dinner with the Overton's, we headed to my folks house to do one more round of gift opening. The girls got cute little crown crafts that my parents are going to do with them. They also got us an Apple TV thing. It's something else I'm obsessed with right now.
Photobucket
Whew!
Christmas was so fun with my girlies. It's so fun to watch their excitement and see their reactions to everything. I love the way Charly says, "hi Santa Claus! Hi snowman!" every time we pass a house with one up. I love the way Sage talks about how she will be really good so Santa will come again. I love my sweet little family.

3 comments:

Adria said...

I am super impressed with Clint's gift.....a major step up from the double stuffed oreos:) Your girls are so beautiful and are getting so big! It's been too long since we've gotten together, let's play soon:) Glad you had a good Christmas!

Jalei & Lane said...

I LOVE that video. Sage is so excited! So glad you got an electric mixer. You will use it all the time!

Tiffany said...

looks like you guys had an awesome christmas!!! I love your family pics taken before church...you look amazing, Marianne! And I cannot believe your little Emery is already 7 weeks old!! She is a doll!
Merry Christmas!!!!! xoxo