Saturday, May 9, 2009

Meet my new BABY.

It is with mixed emotions that I post this. Check out my pretty perfect van! I know...I'm an official minivan mom and that is very strange but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my van and wouldn't trade it for any other car. It's a Toyota Sienna and drives great, has a million "Marianne" compartments, sliding automatic doors, two bucket seats in the middle that slide together so I can still reach Sage, AND, the most important....REAR A/C. No more sweating in the back seat for little Sage and baby two. It looks even prettier in the sun instead of stuck in my garage but I'm lazy and didn't want to pull it out for a picture. Like I said...mixed emotions. I love the new wheels, but I don't like spending lots of money -- and a new van=lots of money. The Trailblazer was slowly dying on us though--last month we forked over a pretty penny to keep it running and this month it was going to cost a million pretty pennies to keep it working. So, Clint talked me into trading it in. He had to really talk me into it, too. We test drove a million cars and looked at a zillion different places before I finally caved and at 10PM signed my paychecks away. Not kidding, either. It took from 4PM to 10PM for me to finally be convinced that this was the one. I'm glad he suckered me into it though. We've got working air conditioning and we haven't stalled mid-drive at all! (Two things the trailblazer was doing) Anyway. We've decided to name her MABEL. Here's why: When we found out we were pregnant with Sage, Clint really liked the name Mabel. No offense to anyone named that or with kid's named that, but it is NOT my favorite name. But marriage is all about compromise, right? So now we've got a Mabel in the family.Of course it can't all be perfect. Two days after we brought her home, we were struck by a rock and have a nice foot long crack in the windshield. I had to post this. This was taken at 9:30PM, two hours past Sage's bedtime. AND...she hadn't napped since noon, hadn't had dinner (unless goldfish count), and was sitting in a soggy diaper. What a trooper she is! She was so happy the whole time.
The guy who took this for us couldn't understand why I was frowning. I really loved my Trailblazer. It's sporty and fun and way more me. I shouldn't complain though. I'm grateful for our new van and am so happy we were able to get it!

11 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Whoa! I can't believe one of my own has crossed over to the minivan side! What kind of van is she? What a bummer that rock hit you!

Julie said...

Finally!!!! Welcome to the club!---that frown is priceless btw! Ü

Julie said...

I also am a minivan driver who always thought of myself as an SUV girl. I must say, though, there are LOTS of benefits to vans when you have young ones. I LOVE not having to worry about my kids whacking other cars when they get in and out of the van. The elementary school carpool loop is SO much easier with my van. Lots of my friends started out with SUVs and traded them in for vans pretty quickly. They are just better equipped for driving young kids around. As one of my friends summed it up: "You may not feel as cool walking up to your van in the parking lot, but once you're inside, you're lovin' it!" Someday, however, when my kids are older, I'll totally be in an SUV :-).

Chelsea said...

congrats! you are going to love it! ive been a minivan mom for two years now, i love it!! i never thought i would but i do, and will never have anything else im sure!! what kind is it? you never said, but it looks like a honda!! anyway yay!!

BJ and Alexis Gremillion said...

I feel the same way about my trail blazer. I'm going to be so sad when I have to give it up. But it's always fun getting something new too! Sage is so cute!

Kristina Rich said...

jealous! Told you siennas were the best. one day I will get mine... depending on the shape of my next baby's head.

Jami said...

Getting a mini van stinks, but once you've had it for awhile, it isn't so bad.

Shari said...

If there's going to be a Mabel in the family, all I can say is "Thank goodness for minivans!" Clint surprises me sometimes! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the car!!! We a new one bad. no A/c. My poor husband refuses to give up his truck in this crazy heat.

Anonymous said...

I also meant to say that you only have 100 days to go :) How exciting :)

Regina said...

Mabel!! Ha!! Good for you getting a minivan. I still say I will never do it, but never say never right? Bummer about the rock, that is soooo something that would happen to me!