Monday, May 18, 2009

We are melting

I woke up around ten last night covered in sweat--went to check our A/C and realized it was broken again for the second time in less than two weeks!! So Sage and I are stuck at home waiting for the technician to come "fix" it, and we are literally melting. Our thermostat is reading 92 and it feels like 102 in here! I would drive us somewhere cool, but the lovely Chas Roberts techs give a 30 second warning before they are at your house, and I'm scared of missing them. Poor little Sage hasn't been able to sleep yet today (and poor me because of that....). This is how unhappy she is in this heat. She is sweating like crazy and her hair is sticking straight up. I tried taking her outside and playing in the hose with her, but she's for some reason terrified of the hose so that was a bust. I've been dipping her in the cold sink and keeping wet rags on her but she's just sticky and unhappy. I feel so bad for her. Days like today remind me to be so so grateful for modern technology and air conditioning!!
A little happier after a cold sink bath and cookie....


You can't really tell here, but she is dancing big time. My mom got her this dancing/singing bunny for Easter and she goes nuts when it turns on. I'll catch it on video tonight and see if I can upload it because it is hilarious!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you poor girls...I am so sorry. I hope you get your a/c fixed ASAP.

Julie said...

If you are not fixed tomorrow then please come to my house! That abolutely stinks! The hair is too cute, though!

I am not kidding about coming over! Sage can come play with Wavee and can finally get a nap!

Regina said...

Poor wittle Sage!! And poor you, but who could sleep in 92 degrees?! That's HOT!!

the tatsaks said...

Oh my, that is awful! However, those are some really cute pics of Sage...love the hair!

Heidi said...

Did they get it fixed?!? If you need anything just holler! You know you are MORE than welcome to come over here. Or even if you are stuck waiting for workers, I can come pick Sage up. Let me know if you need anything!

Connie said...

Yeah, bummer! Come over anytime- we can watch for the A/C guy out the window!

Jalei & Lane said...

That stinks! I feel like I'm melting every time I visit my parents, but that's just because they never turn the air on!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

that is terrible you poor thing!!!!

Brad and Laurie said...

And you want us to move there??? It was 59 when I got up this morning and 84 at the heat of the day. What a glorious beautiful day in Texas! ;-)

Jami said...

Too cute. I'm so sorry that the AC broke. Ours broke the year I was pregnant with Lorelai. I was only three months then, I don't know how you handled it this far along.

Shari said...

I know you had to be there to wait for the repairman, but I would have LOVED to come pick up Sage! We could have brought you an Icee to help tide you over - I know you were miserable! I sure hope it stays fixed for you now!!

Shari said...

By the way, I do hope you get a video of her dancing with her rabbit - it's the cutest thing ever! I love how she gets the whole upper body into it sometimes!