Sunday, June 13, 2010

PURGE time.


See that yummy treat? I made it Friday night. FRIDAY. Today is Sunday. Want to know who has eaten almost half of that huge cookie pan? Me. All me. I am addicted to these peanut butter chocolate treats. It's what I missed most when I went without sweets for sixty days. It is because of these and the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made last Sunday that I've decided it's time to purge. Totally cleanse and eat right. Several people have asked me if I lost any weight or noticed any changes when I didn't eat junk food. The answer? Nope. I didn't loose an ounce of weight. BUT, I am certain that had I eaten normal girl sized portions and not huge, larger- than-Clint-sized portions, I would have seen results. You see, to curb my cravings for sweets, I ate more bread. If you've never tried the new Rhodes rolls - from freezer to table in 8 minutes- don't try them. They are lethal. They come in packages of six, and I got in the habit of making a bag of them 2 times a week and eating three each time. AND, I'd add a huge lump of butter to the top of each roll. So with my huge portions and extra bread intake, I was pretty much negating the whole "no sweets" plan. Although this all sounds negative, I do have a "pro" list that resulted from the diet. First, I felt good. I felt clean and healthy without all that added sugar in my system. Second, I felt skinnier. Like I said, I didn't loose any weight, but I felt like I looked a teeny tiny bit better. This was probably just because I felt healthy. And third, I was happier. When I eat lots of junk like I usually do, I have no filter. I don't just eat one or two cookies. I eat all of them. I don't buy cookies or keep any junk in my house, but I love to bake goodies. It's the baked goods that get to me. I eat like crazy and then stew about it all night long and am mad at myself. I kick my own butt at the gym to make up for it but then do it again the next night. It's a sick cycle. SO. Clint and I have decided that we are going to be healthy together. My favorite diet in the world is Body For Life. It's a healthy, everything in moderation diet that takes dedication and planning but is doable. I did this diet my sophomore year in college and was thinner and more lean than I've ever been. I've weighed the exact same for as long as I can remember, minus pregnancies. My body just likes to sit at the exact same number no matter what I do. I'm anxious to see if sticking to Body for Life will change that. We are each committing to three months of it. I'm nervous and kind of worried about how it will go, but we're going to give it our best shot. We start next Monday, so I've got a few more days of happy Reeses cake pan eating left. It's going to be way harder for me to stick to it this time around, because I love my monthly menu and have really enjoyed cooking new meals each night. Clint will have a hard time too, I think, because he is in his car all day at work and won't have as many healthy options. We'll do our best though. We are taking pre and post measurement and pictures, but don't expect to see any up here. :-) We start Monday--wish us luck!

7 comments:

Jami said...

Good luck. I have cut out all sweets during the week, and I eat very healthy then as well, but on the weekends I need a treat. Besides my husband hates diets, and he won't do it with me. You are very lucky.

Jalei & Lane said...

Hey, if you're the same weight that you were in HS then I say you're doing just fine! Good luck with the new diet. I'm interested to hear how it goes. You won't believe it but I got up at 6am to work out today!

Gail said...

Alright, if you're complaining about being the same weight as you were in high school, then you have got nothing to complain about.

Jensen Family said...

umm.. yum!! now i want that. could i have the recipe?? :)

eyre blog said...

Oh marianne. I love love reading your blog. you are the greatest. I am tempted to ask for the recipe for this but i'm trying to loose my baby and then some weight. so i'll ask in about a year! I'm doing my own challenge but noah's skinny self is no fun to compete with. He doesn't even know what blubber feels like. I'll be back for motivation!

Regina said...

You are so funny. You look great anyway, but I know you will be successful with your diet. You have more willpower than anyone I know!

the tatsaks said...

MMMMM that looks yummy!!! You are so much stronger than me! Good luck!