Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tomatoes


Tomatoes, anyone? We've got a few over here. Clint's little tomato plant went CRAZY this year. As it crazy. I've given 7-8 bags full away and still have four bags in my fridge. The second thing Clint would do the past few weeks (second to giving his girls kisses), was head straight outside to his tomato plant. Shortly after, he'd come in with 10-15 piled in his shirt and a huge grin plastered on his face. He is super proud of his green thumb. I am, too. These 'matoes (in Sage's voice) are tasty! I'm eating 2-3 a day but am not making a dent in our supply and am on the hunt for a good salsa recipe. I think we're going to have to try planting other things and see if we're just natural farmers or something.

8 comments:

Jami said...

My dad is like that. He has tons of pot, including a fig tree, on the deck. I on the other hand can't grow anything.

the tatsaks said...

Thats awesome! Salsa sounds great!!!

Jalei & Lane said...

There's nothing better than the sweet success of your own labor. Good job!

Shari said...

That is an amazing tomato plant that you guys have! Thanks for sharing them with us! My tomatoes on the porch are not producing right now because it's hot and I don't water them often enough. I'm glad Clint has a green thumb, and an automatic watering system!

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari said...

That deleted comment was my last comment, posted twice...

themacdonnells said...

Get 6-7 of those tomatoes, a few cilantro leaves, some sea salt (a couple pinches), two white onions, 3-4 jalapeƱos, and a little bit of lemon juice. Chop all the veggies and about 3-4 cilantro leaves up and mix in a bowl. Pour a little bit of lemon juice and sprinkle some salt and you should have some good fresh salsa. That's how we make ours and it's delish :)

Shari said...

So sad to learn of the demise of the amazing tomato plant. I hope it had a decent burial! ha ha
Yesterday I asked Sage if she wanted to go out and look at the tomato plant with me, and when we got there, she said "Where go??" She probably knew all about it, but she put on a good show for G'ma, anyway! :)