Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SICKIES

I have to post something ASAP, so that I don't see the picture of that disgusting cake pan every time I open my blog. I will never ever ever eat those or any chocolaty/peanut buttery treat. After seeing it come back up in the form of vomit it doesn't hold quite the appeal it once did for me. We've had a rough few days over here. Sage woke up Saturday around midnight screaming--I ran in to her room and she (along with everything in her bed) was covered in chunky barf. I rinsed and washed everything and then she spent the next six hours dry heaving into a bowl while we tried unsuccessfully to sleep on the couch downstairs. Last night, Charlotte started whining--which she never does--so I went in to check on her and guess what? Same story. Throw up everywhere. Repeat Saturday night. She dry heaved for six hours. It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. My girls have had their fair share of colds, but we've never had anything like this before. It broke my heart not being able to help them. To make matters worse, little Charlotte kept putting her hands in it and then rubbing her eyes and head. To make matters even more worse (is that grammatically correct?), part way through Charlotte's bad night, I got it. So I spent the night rushing back and forth between the toilet to throw up and Charlotte on the couch with a bowl. It was the longest night of my life. Thank heavens I have the best mother in law in the WORLD. I texted her early this morning and she came to my rescue. Charlotte was napping so she entertained Sage while I slept/barfed. When Charly woke up she took both of them to her house for the entire day while I slept/barfed. I really don't know what I would have done without her help today. My entire body aches and just feels heavy. Poor Clint is in bed (it's 7:30) with a bowl beside him, because now he feels sick too. So. Stay away from our house, it's extremely contagious!

10 comments:

Jill said...

Yuck! I hope you all feel better soon!

Allie said...

Oh I am sooo sorry Marianne. I remember all too well when we had that last summer and we had to admit Izzy to the hospital for dehydration b/c she was only 2 months old...it was so sad. And you are soooo right, once one person in the fam gets one of those bugs, everyone gets it. I am so sorry you had to watch your little girls go through that and then go through it yourself too. I felt a little dramatic when I went and read back my blog entry about our bug, but it seriously is TRAUMATIC for the whole family....not to mention the fact that you do more loads of laundry than ever in your life all while barfing! I am so sorry. Get better soon!

the tatsaks said...

EWW! That sounds bad!!! I hope yall get to feeling better soon!!!

Jalei & Lane said...

Aw man, that sounds horrible! I wonder where it all came from? Hope everyone gets to feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Yuck, yuck and yuck....I hope you guys feel better soon.

Tiffany said...

oh no, I am SO SO sorry Marianne! That sounds AWFUL! Theres definitely a bad bug going around cuz SO many of my friends and their kids had something just like this while we were in Az. And my brother in law and niece had it too! Hope you guys all start feeling better soon! But hey, look on the bright side, maybe all the puking and running back and forth from your kids to the bathroom will help you lose a couple pounds to jump start your new Body for Life diet you guys are gonna try! :) Not that you NEED it though! I just saw you and you looked GREAT! :) Miss you and your girls already...hope you all start feeling better soon

Jami said...

You poor thing. We've been there. It stinks. The girls always seem to pass stuff to each other and in the case of the stomach virus to us. Hope things get better fast.

Kayleen said...

oh no! there's nothing worse than watching your babies puke. We had it 2 weeks ago. . . well, ty and paige had it. HOpe you feel better soon

Regina said...

Oh my gosh, that so sucks!! Hope you are all feeling better very soon! Man, you really meant it when you said PURGE time in your previous post!! :) haha, I am so funny!

Shari said...

Uh, yeah, well...
Thanks for not telling them that it came from g'ma in the first place! I feel so bad about that!! And I got it from someone from Utah, so it's probably a new bug from what anyone has had around here. I'm so sorry that I brought it to you guys!! And I'm super glad it is gone!! That was the worse case of "sick" I can ever remember having. Joe didn't get it. Lucky him!