Catching up on some much needed shut eye. Poor baby is beat after her all-nighter. I love how she props her leg up in her car seat. (PS-ignore the seriously dirty mirror.)
Some of you know how stressed this baby has made me. She went about three weeks without taking any formula and hardly any liquids. All she got was baby food and rice cereal. I was trying to get as much liquid mixed in with the rice cereal as I could, but it was still only 6-10 oz a day. And with all the rice/oatmeal she was getting, she was pooping 6-7 full diapers every day. No lie. So between no liquid, major vomit, no wet diapers, and major poops, I was super worried about her. We were supposed to be putting oil in her baby food every day to try to help her gain weight, but I'm pretty sure she just barfed that up too. I'm taking her in for monthly weight checks and she is now 14.3 lbs. Still in the negatives, but slowly gaining. I'm not all that worried anymore though, because...
SHE IS DRINKING FROM A BOTTLE!
It's actually very special for me. I have not been able to fast for almost 2 1/2 years, because I've been either pregnant or nursing. This month was the first time I've been able to fast, and Clint and I decided to pray for little Charly. Two days later, she's chugging milk down like it's the best thing in the world. Crazy, right? Some say coincidence, but I say miracle. :)
It really does seem like yesterday that we were headed to the hospital to have her. My life would not be the same without this special special baby. When I had Sage I thought there was no way I'd ever be able to love another baby as much as I loved her. But, I guess all moms know that somehow you do. She is at the funnest stage. Possibly my favorite. She is army crawling all over the place, which I HAVE GOT TO GET ON VIDEO. She does fine on her hands and knees, but when she really wants to cruise, or if she wants to hang on to her toys and crawl at the same time, she drops to her elbows and flys. It is the cutest. She absolutely adores her sister. She plays so well by herself. She loves to snuggle. She gives the BEST open mouthed kisses. When we pucker up and make a kissing noise, she opens her mouth and leans in. Melts my heart. She sleeps 14 hours every night. She is the complete and total opposite of her sister sometimes. Example: when I'm changing her diaper, she doesn't lay there and smile at me. She flails about and kicks her legs and as soon as her diaper is off, she is off. She likes to see how far she can get before I pull her back; and she'll be laughing the whole time. Another example? She is so not content in one place. She likes to roam around and play with EVERYTHING. She still only has her two bottom teeth but I'm pretty sure there are FOUR on top trying to poke their way through. She is such a mild tempered, easy going girl. She hardly ever cries and smiles at us ALL day long. I love you sweet Charlotte.
Some of you know how stressed this baby has made me. She went about three weeks without taking any formula and hardly any liquids. All she got was baby food and rice cereal. I was trying to get as much liquid mixed in with the rice cereal as I could, but it was still only 6-10 oz a day. And with all the rice/oatmeal she was getting, she was pooping 6-7 full diapers every day. No lie. So between no liquid, major vomit, no wet diapers, and major poops, I was super worried about her. We were supposed to be putting oil in her baby food every day to try to help her gain weight, but I'm pretty sure she just barfed that up too. I'm taking her in for monthly weight checks and she is now 14.3 lbs. Still in the negatives, but slowly gaining. I'm not all that worried anymore though, because...
SHE IS DRINKING FROM A BOTTLE!
It's actually very special for me. I have not been able to fast for almost 2 1/2 years, because I've been either pregnant or nursing. This month was the first time I've been able to fast, and Clint and I decided to pray for little Charly. Two days later, she's chugging milk down like it's the best thing in the world. Crazy, right? Some say coincidence, but I say miracle. :)
It really does seem like yesterday that we were headed to the hospital to have her. My life would not be the same without this special special baby. When I had Sage I thought there was no way I'd ever be able to love another baby as much as I loved her. But, I guess all moms know that somehow you do. She is at the funnest stage. Possibly my favorite. She is army crawling all over the place, which I HAVE GOT TO GET ON VIDEO. She does fine on her hands and knees, but when she really wants to cruise, or if she wants to hang on to her toys and crawl at the same time, she drops to her elbows and flys. It is the cutest. She absolutely adores her sister. She plays so well by herself. She loves to snuggle. She gives the BEST open mouthed kisses. When we pucker up and make a kissing noise, she opens her mouth and leans in. Melts my heart. She sleeps 14 hours every night. She is the complete and total opposite of her sister sometimes. Example: when I'm changing her diaper, she doesn't lay there and smile at me. She flails about and kicks her legs and as soon as her diaper is off, she is off. She likes to see how far she can get before I pull her back; and she'll be laughing the whole time. Another example? She is so not content in one place. She likes to roam around and play with EVERYTHING. She still only has her two bottom teeth but I'm pretty sure there are FOUR on top trying to poke their way through. She is such a mild tempered, easy going girl. She hardly ever cries and smiles at us ALL day long. I love you sweet Charlotte.















8 comments:
Definitely an answer to prayer. We've have experiences like that too, and you definitely cannot call is coincidence. Sorry you guys have been so sick. I hope you're doing better now.
Awesome news about the bottle! I know that will make your life so much easier!
Eleanor is the same way. She can do hands and knees, but goes much faster on her stomach. I am happy that she is drinking milk for you now. I wasn't making enough for Eleanor, so the doctor said she could have one bottle of whole milk a day. It is all I can do to keep Matilda from drinking the cows milk as she calls it instead of the skim the rest of us get.
What a great story! I'm so glad that she is drinking now for you. Seriously, I didn't think how a kid ate/doesn't eat would stress me out but it does. Wyatt finally is at 10% for weight. And I still change Wyatt on a changing table for that purpose of not having him squirm away. lol
Beside the weight gain (Josh has had no problem in that dept.), our kiddos sound like the same baby. Love it!
Ok, she is so so so little, but she will definitely gain weight if she has started taking a bottle. And all thanks to her faithful parents. What a testimony to fasting. I am SO bad about fasting, I forget almost every month.
She sounds like such a sweetheart! Funny how each child's personalities are all so different! It's so scary when they go through health scares, but I'm so glad she is taking bottles now. Thank goodness for help from the Lord!
YAY Charly for drinking from a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe she is 10 months already!
Post a Comment