Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LOVE week, day 3

I LOVE Wednesdays!!! My dear sweet mother-in-law watches the girls every single Wednesday for me. Pretty much all day long. And I'm not joking. She comes over at 9 and I don't get home till around 4-5. She even enjoys having them spend the night Tuesday and bringing them back Wednesday night. I'm sure all you moms out there are horribly jealous right now. I schedule all of my orthodontist and doctor appointments for Wednesdays, I get all my grocery shopping, gas stops, Hobby Lobby runs, and pretty much every errand I have done. I go to work by myself and get to hang my head out the window and blare my music as loud as I want. I LOVE Wednesdays!


Which leads me to my next LOVE. Music. I LOVE all kinds of music. Country, Instrumental, Church, Alternative, Rap, etc. Most of the time my appreciation for music is during my runs and at the gym. For my last marathon, I used iTunes for the first time ever to download a whole new playlist. (one that I listened to about three times during that run.) My top ten songs to run/workout to right now are:
The Distance by Cake
Black and Yellow by Wiz Kahlifa
Hesitate by Stone Sour
Undisclosed Desires by Muse
Start a Fire by Ryan Star
The Crow and the Butterfly by Shinedown
Bottoms Up by Trey Songz
Firework by Katy Perry
Tonight by Enrique
Hold it Against Me by Britney Spears (sue me.)

Many of these songs are a tad inappropriate. But they make me run faster and lift heavier and want to break out in dance. Which, leads me to my next LOVE.

I LOVE to watch my girls dance. Every day, at least twice a day, Sage asks to me turn on her music so she can dance. She knows all the words to all the songs, and as each song starts she gets a huge smile on her face and says, "Oh man this is going to be a good dancing song!" She and Charlotte really rock out. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

I LOVE being organized. I can't handle chaos and am a major "a place for everything and everything in its' place" person. When I am at someone else's house, I couldn't care less about mess and craziness. It's only in my own home that I feel the need to be totally organized and efficient. My car and home are my domain and I feel like I work really hard and pay good money for my nice things and I want to take such good care of them that 10-15 years from now my things still look brand new. Sometimes a little difficult with kids, but it's possible. If I had my way, I'd have a closet that looked like this:
so beautiful.


and a garage with great drawers, cabinets, gadget holders, etc. Like this. Only bigger.


I LOVE See's candies. I know one of my other LOVE'S was chocolate, but See's is in a league all of its own. My favorite pieces are dark chocolate almonds, California brittle, toffee-ettes, any of the chocolate bordeaux, dark nougat, and any of the buttercreams. I know that's a lot of favorites but I really can't choose just one or two. Or three. My dad used to surprise my mom, myself and my two sisters every Valentine's day with a box of See's candies. And this was big, because there were no See's stores in Texas at the time. He ordered online and had them delivered. They are THAT good. I am eagerly counting down the days until my braces come off so that I can go hand pick my very own 1 lb box of See's. And eat them all in one day.

7 comments:

Audrie said...

Haha!! I'm sitting here chowing down on my very own box of See's candies, california brittle & dark chocolate almonds :)

Jami said...

I want that closet too.

Tiffany said...

Mmmm, I love sees! My favorites are bordeaux and raspberry cream! You have to try the raspberry cream!! SO GOOD! I get an entire box of them every year on Mothers day from Randy...and now I can't wait for Mothers Day! :)
Totally jealous of your wonderful mother-in-law and her close proximity to you!! It totally pays to live by family...especially when you have an awesome mother in law like that! :)

Shari said...

I'll trade you a box of See's Chocolates for organizing my pantry! :) I love Weds Babies Day, Sage and Charly dancing, ... well, I love most of those same things, except I don't have the organization gene in my body and I can't find it ANYWHERE around me! Did you notice the lack of color in that closet, though? Oh, well. (Sour grapes.) I guess I'd better go clean mine out now...

Jensen Family said...

ur right i'm jealous! my mom lives three hours away and my mil works. sad for me! love your playlist! i need those "inappropriate" songs to get me going too.. they pump me right up!

Regina said...

Does it make me a total loser that u have not heard a SINGLE song on your playlist? I think it might.

Regina said...

Typo-I have not heard a single song.....obviously you have heard them! Ha!!