I LOVE celebrating holidays so much more now that I have kids. I love doing watching them get excited about heart shaped pancakes and pink and red decorations in the house. Don't be fooled by this cute face, though. The day Sage eats a pancake with strawberries and blackberries touching is the day I eat jello. ( I hate jello.) She likes strawberries and blackberries by themselves, but they are NOT supposed to be touching her pancakes.


I LOVE listening to Sage say her prayers. She has just started wanting to say them, and now every meal, every morning, and every night is "Sagey's turn". Her voice gets higher and softer and it melts my heart.
I LOVE that this child fell asleep in her chair yesterday. My kids are creatures of habit. They very rarely sleep anywhere other than in their beds. Not in the car, not on the couch, not on the floor. So imagine my surprise when I looked over and saw this yesterday. Poor sick girl was pooped! I also LOVE that she is obsessed with two things. Her BABY (bear blanket) and her BALL. She sleeps with both and is super content so long as she has both.
I LOVE to bake. I don't enjoy cooking, but baking is something I do way too much of. I've decided cooking takes too long and the fruits of your labor are generally gone within minutes. When you bake, you have lots and lots of goodies that last all week long. Plus they are usually sweet treats, and we all know how much I love treats. Baking is much more special/fun for me lately too because the girls (esp Sage) love to help. They pour ingredients in, stir for me, lick the batter, and make oohhh-aawwww noises the whole way through.
















2 comments:
Those such cute pancakes!
I'm with ya on the baking vs. cooking thing. I'm not a huge fan of spending lots of time cooking fancy dinners...but I could bake all day, everyday!
Love the heart-shaped pancakes! What a cute idea! :)
Post a Comment