You know how I always brag about my sweet, even-tempered, perfect little baby girl? Well, she is long gone. Seriously. We went to Texas, she spent a few weeks w/ Gma and Gpa, and now she has disappeared. I am at my wits end with her and have lost my temper more than once over the past few days. She's not sick, she's caught up on sleep--she's SPOILED ROTTEN. She is Miss Happy Go Lucky and all smiles when you're holding her, but the SECOND you set her on the floor, she screams like she's dying. Huge crocodile tears and a look on her face that says she is heart broken. I can't get anything done around here unless she is asleep because she has taken up residence in between my legs 24/7. I don't know what to do. I've tried ignoring her and letting her cry it out, but that always ends up with her throwing up all over the place. She's done that since she was born---if she cries too hard, she throws up. And that's just freaking annoying having to clean up baby vomit all day long. What the heck do I do? And don't say put her in bed and let her cry it out, either. Cause then I'm cleaning up barf not only off her but off her bed, walls and floor. Any suggestions out there? I'll try anything.
8 comments:
Oh my! I feel for you. I'm sure it will pass. They go through phases and yes grandparents do mess things up sometimes! No offense Bro. and Sis. Young! But that's their right as grandparents, I suppose!
Too bad! I don't have any solutions but Wyatt always spits up (or vomits) when he cries hard too. Are you saying it never stops? Ugh! Good luck. I hope it ends soon.
Oh, sweet Sage. This always happens. You think your baby is the cutest little thing and then they turn into the devil. Its happened to me three times. Just one more reason why I have a little gap between Nolan and Coulson. I guess if she throws up then hopefully there is nothing left in there. She is old enough to know how to push your buttons. Pull the sheets off if you have to, but when they throw fits, the best thing to do is isolate them. Then once she's calmed down you can go and console her. Its just like how it was when she had to cry herself to sleep. The first few times will be hard (and messy) but after a while she will learn that fit throwing doesn't work. Its good for them to learn to calm themselves anyway. It helps a lot with their self control. Anyhoo, when are we going to hang out? I want to see the proposal.
Oh my gosh! I can't believe she's doing that! Sorry, I have no advice on how to fix that one :(
What a bummer! Kelly throws fits when I take something away from him, or sometimes just when he is moody or tired he will throw one over something silly like if he drops something he is playing with. I totally ignore it. Other than that I just tell him why he can't have something, but of course I keep it simple, like "This is mommy's phone, let's go find Kelly's phone."
Then again he doesn't barf when he cries too hard. Thank goodness he only does it for a couple minutes.
It will be hard and messy, but you will be glad you fixed the problem early. I just wish I had more advice for you! Let us know how it goes and good luck!
Oh my goodness you poor dear! I have been thinking about you lately and wondering how you are doing! I am so sorry...and of course this all happens right before the baby!!! I wish I had some advice to give...GOOD LUCK!! Hang in there!
Marianne- That is how Tatum is. It is terrible. She has only thrown up once, which is totally disgusting but as soon as she is put down, before any sounds comes out, there are tears rolling down her face. And if Ben doesn't pick her up when he says hi.......
My suggestion--send her back to Texas and let them deal with her:0
Post a Comment