Friday, July 17, 2009

Our Little She Devil

I can't say that we've made much progress over the tantrum throwing Sage since our last post. We have, however, perfected the art of time-out and have had a few funny moments. First...remember how we set up the crib in her room and turned hers into a toddler bed? Our plan was to keep her in the baby's crib for a while and work her into the tod bed eventually. However....we set the cribs up Sunday afternoon and realized that the crib we are borrowing is missing several springs and wouldn't hold the mattress up. So we had to stick her in the toddler bed that night--which I won't be doing again for a while. She didn't try to get out at all, and I had the baby monitor up super high so I could hear the thud if she fell. I thought all was well Monday morning, until I went in to get her and found her curled up into a tiny ball with her blanky laying on the wood floor. Crap. I had put pillows on the floor and thought that she could at least lay on those if she fell, but she somehow squirmed her way off the pillows and spent a long night on the floor. Part of me wanted to run for my camera, but the other 75% of me felt too bad. She didn't seem too upset but I think I'll have nightmares when it's time to try again. Now that we are back in the crib, she has access to the changing table and has learned to reach through the bars to find things to play with. This is how I went in to find her the other day....
This face says it all....
Can you spot all the Q-tips in her bed??
Here she is in action
What a little turd. They were everywhere.
I took her in to the pediatrician yesterday and was told she has firliculitous (sp?)--which is a strange looking rash that comes when bacteria gets in the hair follicles. Whatever. She's on antibiotics to clear it up and her latest teeth have almost worked their way through, so I'm hoping we're on our way back to a happy girl.
One of her latest favorite things to do is watch cartoons on the computer, and my belly provides the perfect pillow for her. She doesn't usually last long before she's out. I love it.

5 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I wonder how Sage will do when her sister joins her in her room!

Jami said...

You should not feel bad about her being on the floor. You should be super greatful that she didn't try to get out. All three of the girls took from 1-3 weeks of getting up several times a night before they would stay in their bed.

Monson Family said...

I read your other post... and I'm so impressed with your sewing! I want a sewing machine so bad.
How many more weeks until you are due?

Tiffany said...

i love this picture of you guys at the bottom... so sweet! :)

Regina said...

The title of this post cracks me up! Poor little Sage! Do you think she fell out, or crawled out? I am surprised she didn't cry for you!