We took the girls to Schnepf Farms yesterday, and despite the heat we had a lot of fun. I think I was more excited to see Sage and Charlotte in their cute cowgirl outfits (thanks Gma Shari!) than anything else. Charlotte was a gem and didn't make a peep. I was reminded of how much I hate nursing in public though. I tried to find the most inconspicuous place to feed her and thought I picked a great place until a bus load full of people got dropped off right at my hiding spot. I love nursing covers, but sweat to death under them, and they only cover your front. What about your back and the fact that when you lift your shirt up it comes up in the back too, and then your back fat is hanging over your pants and the people who see you from behind are being grossed out by it? Good times. Sage was super tired but had fun. She went on her first carousel ride, visited her first "petting zoo" (if you can call it that), picked out her very own pumpkin, and played in the dirt like any good cowgirl would do. I think she'll enjoy it more next year when she's a little older and hopefully not so scared of people.
None of our family shots from the day had everyone totally happy, but what can you expect?



First carousel ride! Do any of you moms out there get sad when you aren't there to see your kids first experience at something fun? I couldn't see Sage from where I was sitting with Charlotte and was so sad the whole time that I couldn't see if she was enjoying it or not. It looks like she did, though.
July
7 years ago















8 comments:
I LOVE all these pictures!! YOU are looking super skinny! Charlotte is getting cuter and cuter, I LOVE the family pic in your new header and the fact that Sage is crying in it, lol. And the matching cowgirl outfits are to die for!!! Hows training going? I ran 10 miles last saturday...most I have run so far. I'm going for 12 this next saturday...yikes! wish me luck!
Such cute pictures. I love their little outfits!
The pictures are too cute. I hate feeding in public too. I had to feed Eleanor at the state fair. Thankfully we were getting ready to go to the puppet show, so I sat at the top in the dark. It was a good thing that it was dark since Eleanor doesn't like having a blanket over her.
Cute pics! Love em!
You have such a cute family! And I so feel ya on being sad when you miss something!!! If only we could have a few clones...it would solve so many problems!
I love their outfits. They are so cute.
OK, so I was so sad I didn't get to talk to you for very long yesterday! I meant to tell you that you look SO AMAZING! Are you working out a ton? You gonna do the Turkey Trott? I love all those pics. of Schnep Farms, we've never been but we have been thinking about it. Did you guys have fun? Looks like it! I love the matching outfits!!
Darling pictures and outfits! Carie gave me a great idea for keeping your backside covered while nursing in public...Do you ever wear those "belly bands" while pregnant? If you have one, just wear it when you go out (it helps to hold everything in, as well!) and when you expose your backside, all people will see is the band! (I'm sure they are super easy to make if you don't have one.) Just a thought!!
Post a Comment