Friday, November 20, 2009

Date Night

So we haven't been on a date in over a month. Things kept coming up....like Halloween, family in town, sick kids, etc. So tonight we suckered my dad into watching the girls and took off around 6:45. AND, it was a major BUST. We should have just stayed home. In separate rooms. For real. It was one of those nights. We started at Costco to get a Christmas tree and Sage's Christmas gift. We left empty handed, because they were no longer selling what we wanted to get Sage, and the trees were 220 bucks and we just couldn't make ourselves spend that much money on a tree. We do this every year. We always say that for sure we're getting one next year, and then this happens. Sage is going to start noticing....! So after Costco, we went to Rumbi's and ate our food in super human speed and after about ten minutes we were ready to go home. It was 8:15. We had said maybe two words to each other. We were both so tired from work and so cranky with each other. Clint is like the nicest person in the world, and on our way out of the driveway he said, "well this is going to be a fun date". (sense the sarcasm) So ya, it pretty much stank. We were out of our weekly date groove. Hopefully we can revive our night out starting next week. I think I know why it was so bad, too. We were supposed to go to the temple and at the last minute decided we were too tired and wanted to keep the night short. So I think someone upstairs was mad at us. ;-)

3 comments:

Shari said...

I really don't think He gets mad at us because we don't make it to the temple every time we think about it. I hope not, anyway. And God wouldn't make you have a crummy date, you know...? At least, with me, it's all on me when that happens. It's so easy to make the plans, but when it comes to the end of a long day, it's a little harder to actually get there.
I have an idea on the tree... Why don't you get a little real tree this year, and after Christmas, when they go on clearance, you can get an artificial one for next year, and it will already be boxed for storage. That's the worst part for me, boxing it back up every year. I bet it will be really fun for you to see Sage's expression when she looks at your Christmas tree this year!

Jalei & Lane said...

That does stink! And I can't believe Costco sells trees for $220! That's insane! We always get ours from Lowe's or Home Depot for around $40. Go get one!

Regina said...

You MUST get a tree! Get a real one. They are cheap. Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge have nice ones and they go half off all the time. We have the Costco one and I must say it was worth it!