So I absolutely HATE to go private, but I have to. This is why....
I have had a stroller for sale on Craig's List for a few weeks. Yesterday, I re-posted the ad. Last night, phone calls from a blocked number kept coming in. Around 8PM, I answered my phone. There was a lady on the other line, who sounded very strange. This was our conversation.
Hello?
Is your stroller still available?
Yes it is.
I've very interested in it. But I have one question.
Yes?
Does your baby come with it?
Ha ha (thought it was a joke) Um, no.
Why not?
Are you serious?
Yes. I am very anxious to be a mother and really want your baby.
At which point, I hung up. She called back several times, but I was too freaked out to answer. Then this afternoon, she called again.
Hello?
Is your stroller still available?
Yes.
I want your baby too.
You need to stop calling my phone.
Have I called you before?
You called me last night.
I did? Oh. Happy Birthday.
Click. Did she really know it was my birthday, or was she just saying that? Um, are you for real? Are people really that crazy? I'm pretty sure it's just some retard out there getting a kick out of scaring people, but in the off chance that she really is some psycho path, I'm going private. I got to thinking about how EASY it would be for her--or anyone, for that matter-- to find me. She knows my name, my phone number, and my main cross roads. If she were to google my name, our blog pops up and it would be so stinking easy for her to find my house. So....overprotective or not, private it is. I know it's annoying, but oh well. Better safe than sorry!
July
7 years ago















38 comments:
freaky freakkkyyyyyyy. bj and i have been freaked out over it all night. your babies are too sweet to have some crazy out there looking at their pictures!
so you dont have to look my email up, here it is again
katherinesuzanne@hotmail.com
peace of mind! chelsdecker@gmail.com
Ya that is totally freaky! I have been thinking about going private for a long time too. it will probably happen sometime in the near future!
alexissandstrom@gmail.com
this story is ridiculously freaky and psycho. are you sure it isn't someone you know playing a prank on you?? Either way, it'd be scary enough to make me wanna go private too! You have my e mail, but here it is again:
tiffanyannebrimhall@gmail.com
P.S. SOOOO happy to hear that everything is going to be ok with Audrie and her baby!
Creepy. Seriously. Creepy. breadams03@yahoo.com. Seriously, I am totally creeped out.
oh my gosh!! that is so creepy!! i would do the same thing!!!! age_renea@hotmail.com
oh dear! thats scary! i still want in! douglasfullmer@gmail.com
that is so scary but I still want to view your blog. ljay20@hotmail.com
Scarey! Please invite me. I'll send you a private message via FB!
Wow, that is scary. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, as if we don't already worry enough being a parent.
tanseyh2001@yahoo.com
yikes... I really enjoy your blog and seeing how you are doing. So, if you have time my email is ashley@monolithic.com, but if you are keeping things limited, I can understand that too. =) it's just good to see how your old friends are doing when you haven't seen them in years! Sorry things got scary... I would be private too, but my in-laws thought I was excluding them! =) I hope your still sell your stroller at least. ha... Happy Birthday too.
ashley "clark" skifton
What the pyscho. Seriously, you should give her information to the police. And then send me an invite.
sweetmommybingham@gmail.com
Ok. That's freakin weird. I think you have my email, so invite me! I think I will go private too. I have been planning on it forever, but never got around to it.
That is really creepy! My email is
Kaniquea@yahoo.com
That's scary. I don't blame you.
Holy Cow that is so scary!!!!
Oh my gosh! First the scary steak salesmen in your house and now this. You have my email.
Can you say psycho? Please invite me...katewinsor21@gmail.com. I hope Audrie and baby are doing well.
That's definitely freaky. Starting to think maybe I should go private. I've heard some crazy stories. Count me in on your blog - you've got my email right?
PLEASE add me!!! packergirl1192@yahoo.com
This is the biggest way for me to keep up on how you and the fam are doing!!
Scary. Please include me.
cherylcclark@gmail.com
What a freakin crazy loon! Invite me! There is a way you can make sure your blog isn't google-able. But nonetheless, go private.
Creepy.... And happy belated birthday. You almost got a niece for your birthday. Congrats. cheriecopple@hotmail.com
Probably a hoax but still totally creepy!
I'm in: gailsalgado@yahoo.com
Private sounds REALLLLLY good after that!! Scary!
that is so freaky! I'd love an invite! kemra(dot)nelson(at)hotmail(dot)com
I put my blog private too - let me know if you want an invite!
well crap. nice way to spoil the fun strange lady. I don't think i want to put my email address on here just in case she already reads your blog! but will you send me an invite? happy belated!
I'm in Hawaii so I doubt that the strange lady will be knocking on my door. :)
I think you're wise in going private...there are some sick weirdos out there!
It's so funny cuz I just had a friend go private for the very same reason...except she was buying a stroller off of craigslist. But she's in Denver and it was a creepy man! Her story was actually kind of funny. Weird.
Anyhow,
don't forget me! hannemannfamily@msn.com
That is scary. Unfortunately, anything that goes on the internet is available to the world forevermore. I wish I knew who this person was. I would let her know that I think that there are some things that are worth going to jail for!
Oh my! I totally understand why you are doing it.
We'd love an invite
elmesfamily AT gmail DOT com
Wow that is crazy!! There are very scary people out their! I love seeing what you and your sister are up to every now and again! You motivate me to workout just by reading how much you love to run! my email is megsaz@msn.com.
Add me please -
scott_fuller@cox.net
Can I just say SCARY!!!!! I'd love an invite....smhann74@msn.com
OH so scary. . . but count me in. . I don't want your babies. . .I have enough of my own. . . even though yours are stinkin cuties!
oh. . .
kayleentheobald at hotmail dot com
alishadnaylor@gmail.com
That would freak me out! Add me to the list. Your babies are adorable, Maryanne. Charlotte is to die for!
I still wanna view your blog... so don't forget me!! :)
rashel.mowers@gmail.com
Post a Comment