It's late and I am exhausted but for some reason I've been thinking about my grandma all day and just can't sleep. It's strange to me how often I think of her. It's like she's constantly there, in my head. I was extremely frustrated yesterday while driving for work with the girls. They had been in their car seats for over two hours and were both screaming like crazy. I was on the 60 about to pass Val Vista and just broke down in tears. I was so mad at her for not being there. I should have been able to exit Val Vista and drive straight to her house so the girls could get out and play. I would have caught her in her robe watching "The Doctors" or doing a cross word puzzle. She used to love it when I would drop by unexpectedly. She would try to force feed me goodies and would instantly pull out her glasses cases for Sage to play with. On my way out she would have said, "Sure love you Marianny-pooh. Make sure you shut the gate!" And she would be itching to go see "When in Rome" and "Dear John". She loved to go to the movies. I was thinking too about the time I lived with her during college. We were so much alike. We'd watch movies on tv at night and race during the commercials to brush our teeth, wash our face, get our pj's on- all before the movie came back on so we wouldn't miss anything. I catch myself every day doing things that she did. I just miss her so much sometimes it hurts. She left us so very unexpectedly and ten years too soon. We all joked that she'd outlive all of us because she was healthy and such a whipper-snapper. I know heaven's a happier place with her there to make everyone laugh, but I sure wish she was still here with us instead.
8 comments:
awe i'm sorry! that is tough when you lose someone you love :( BUT you are right, she is in a better place and you have to be happy for her! who knows maybe she will go see those movies with you ;)
Oh, Marianne, this post breaks my heart. I miss my grandparents too. It seems like you were really close and it's hard to lose such a close friend. I'm sure she misses you too. (HUGS!)
That's weird, she's been on my mind a lot lately too. Not that she isn't always on my mind, but just more so lately. I was laughing at your marathon post, I thought I was the only crazy one who had conversations with her in my head. Guess not. We're both crazy. I get mad at her sometimes too. It really sucks.
This is really sweet Marianne. And of course your grandma is still with you. She's probably watching movies with you & you don't even know it!
Marianne, I am so sorry, it sounds like you two were really close! I almost started to cry along with ya!! Hey, I'll go see those movies with you! (although I know its not the same)
You are so sweet. Now you've got me thinking about my grandma. It's great that you have so many good memories that you can share with the girls.
Marianne, this is so sweet. I am sure living close by to where she lived makes it a million times harder. I love your memories of her and as I read the way you described that cute lady, I laughed and smiled and at the same time had a lump in my throat missing her too. I think it is awesome you write about her. Keep it up because no one describes her like you do. As I read it, it was as if she was right here and I could hear her voice saying those funny GG things!
I love when you write about your grandma. It reminds me so much of mine because we have similar situations. I was super close to my grandma and she died very suddenly about 2 years ago. I still miss her everyday and wish I could call her for recipes and her latest books she's been reading. You are so cute to always post about her!
Post a Comment