Lately I can't stand myself. For real. I am ALL over the place. One minute I'm screaming and clawing at the world, then I'm crying, then I'm skipping all over the place and singing don't worry be happy songs. It's out of control. I'm not pregnant (thank heavens) and it's not PMS. So what the crap is my problem?? I keep telling myself that I'm tired and impatient because of my job, but lately work has been slow and it seems like I'm even more of a wack job. So who knows. I'm thinking it might be my birth control (TMI?) pills but no way am I giving those up cause no way do I want to be pregnant any time soon. So for now poor Clint has to deal with crazy Marianne.
In other news, I need a personal shopper. BAD. I hate shopping. HATE, Hate, hate it. I hate the lines, I hate the sales people, I hate the fluorescent lighting in the dressing rooms that accentuate your flaws, I hate trying clothes on, I hate spending money, I pretty much hate every store -- except Children's Place. I do love that store, but who wouldn't? Here's my problem: Every Sunday is torture for me to find something to wear. I own three pair of crocs, five pair of tennis shoes, and a few pair of flip flops. Sunday shoes? None. I had a few but threw them out because they hurt my feet and I just refuse to wear shoes that hurt my feet. I've got this abnormally huge big toe, so cute closed toe shoes hurt my toe. Heels are too hard to walk in, and flats look ridiculous on me because of my cankles. So that pretty much rules out shoes for me. Sunday clothes are a whole other issue. I have two skirts that I rotate each week, but I am OUT of tops to wear. I wore all of my regular tops all through my pregnancy so they are all stretched at the bottom and look so stupid on me. I've got seventy exercise tops and sweatshirts, but no nice blouses that are church/date worthy. I get so mad at my closet each Sunday that I'm practically in tears and throwing fits about having to go to church. I'm not exaggerating people. I act like I'm twelve years old. So today Sage was with Shari and I dropped Charly off at a sitters so that I could get some shopping done. Did I accomplish anything? NO. I went through every store out there and came out empty handed. Well not totally empty handed. I did come out with a few See's candies. Makes sense, right? Get mad cause you don't fit into clothes the way you want to so eat chocolate and drive home mad. Genius. I cannot find tops to fit me. They are either super skinny in the bottom and show my baby flab, or have puffy sleeves which look hilarious on me because I have broad shoulders, or have super short sleeves- which I hate. I'm hard to please, I know. I realize that. I've been super whiny lately and it has got to stop! Seriously, if this is what I'm crabbing about I'm pretty lucky. Grow up Marianne! Now, who wants to be my personal shopper?
July
7 years ago















9 comments:
Hey Marianne I'll go with you! Shopping is what I do best...... Ask anyone that knows me! Haha! Bj makes fun of me for it!
I get that way sometimes and I have NO reason for it! And I am with you on the shopping. Not as fun post baby body:( And the gym man...HA!!! Your girls are so precious! I love the excited pics of Charly...too too too cute!!!! I am working on that cookie recipe, my mom is looking for it and I will email you tomorrow!
hahaha i love you. i think a girls trip needs to happen stat bc then we have nothing to do but shop. yes! :-).
ME ME ME! i will be your personal shopper! I LOVE shopping! And could spend hours doing it...if only I had more money to spend on it!
Oh I wish I lived closer! I LOVE shopping & could totally help you out! So when you go to Midlothian in March, make a pit stop in Houston & we'll do it!
I'll be your shopper! Have you gone to Shade, Downeast, or Nordstrom Rack? Those are good stores. Shade and Downeast have lots of skirts and dresses, and the Rack just has EVERYTHING. Lets go sometime, I'll help you.
That is too funny, and I so know what you mean about Sunday clothes...hate them.
Pick me, Pick me! I would love to go shopping with you. I was wondering how old your baby was and saw that she was 6 months old. I had a rough time picking what to wear when Wyatt was that age too. You are sick of having the chub and want to look cute but things still don't fit right. So, you don't want to buy clothes because you want to wait until you are skinnier so you can keep the clothes longer. I got over it and bought some clothes for all stages of life. Blousy shirts that hide the muffin top are great. Anyhoo, call me and I'd be happy to go with you because I love shopping! It is what I do best.
Oh, Marianne, You nailed it right on the head! I love that you scream out your feelings here on your blog! I need to visit your blog more often!
I feel the exact same way about shopping, clothes and shoes...I just never tell people about it because I feel embarrassed! If you find a shopper, please send them my way when you're done. Just make sure they know how to find what will look good on me and fit perfect ;)
I keep wondering if my body is a permanent new shape! As for the hormones... I've been trying to figure them out for the last 4 months or more... every time I think, AM I PREGNANT?! Cause this is NUTS! All I can conclude is it's still hormones shifting from nursing. Hang in there! Know you're not alone!
:)
Post a Comment