Babysitters are expensive. We've been lucky to have family watch the girls most weekend date nights, but when you buy dinner, see a movie, and pay a sitter--who can afford a weekly outing? So a friend of ours in our ward decided we should swap--and it is the BEST! Clint stayed with the girls Friday night while I went to their house and watched their cute little man, and Jason stayed with Taylor while Heidi came and watched our girls last night. It was so nice! I definetly have the easier job b/c they only have one little guy and he went to bed an hour after I got there. Poor Heidi had both of our girls and she came earlier so she had to feed them, get their pj's on them and put them both down. Sorry Heidi! :-) It was so nice not having to worry about them while we were gone though. I knew they were in good hands. Clint was in dire need of new clothes (we're talking holes and pit stains in everything), so we started by going shopping. We flew through the mall so fast -- we both hate shopping -- and came out with some great stuff for him. Then we went to dinner at PF Chang's, which is where the saucy part of our date starts. We were both talkative which is extremely rare for us, and I got to learn so many things I never knew about Clint! Somehow we got on the topic of fist fights. Don't ask me how. I asked him if he'd ever been punched in the face--and he started laughing. Apparently I married a fighter. Monte (his brother) has always called him the "trapper", because he lures people into fights. Last night Clint told me that that is true. I got to hear several exciting stories of how he had to save the day for his friends, cure vendetta's, and set records straight. He says he always told people before fights that if they wanted to live they'd better not punch him in the nose. He says anytime he got punched in the nose, he would loose control and obliterate his opponent. People would have to pull him off. All through high school I dated the bad boys, and all this time married to Clint I thought he was the golden good boy. Ha! He's a bad boy and man I was hot for him last night! :-) Why do I always like the bad boys? Fighting aside, I learned that because he never went to school and never did any homework, his football and wrestling coaches had to bribe his teachers to pass him each year. Oh man. AND, one year a girl tried out to wrestle on his team and his coach told Clint to wrestle with her. After a lot of arguing with his coach about it, he finally agreed and ended up breaking her femur bone. Ouch. Plus he had the record for quickest pin in his wrestling weight class. Plus he was voted sexiest legs in high school. MAN! So many things I never knew! We laughed all through dinner and had so much fun! I love my hunk so much. I give him a hard time about how messy he is and about his other annoying habits that I can't seem to break, but I'd do just about anything for him and I will always have his back if he needs my muscles in a fight. ;-)
July
7 years ago















8 comments:
Wow, Clint's such a manly man! I loved those stories. How fun it is to find out new things about your spouse!
hahaha! i love clint even more after these stories.
What a great idea...swapping babysitting! Babysitters are soooo expensive-I hear ya. Your girls are adorable!
I am laughing SO hard right now!!! He broker her femur bone? That is hilarious!!! Ah we love your husband over here:) Next time we hang out I want to hear some more stories:)
I am laughing SO hard right now!!! He broker her femur bone? That is hilarious!!! Ah we love your husband over here:) Next time we hang out I want to hear some more stories:)
This post seriously mad me laugh!! Clint and I went to the same high school but he and Monte were older than me. Clint was a year older than my brother and Monte graduated with my brother. I can ask my brother if he has any more fun stories of your boxer!!
'You were hot for him last night' That is hysterical!
I totally laughed out loud. That is too fuuny, and the girls pics are way adorable.
Post a Comment