We had our second weekly date night last night and I've got stories to share!! First, about the date...we had so much fun. I said this last week, but man date nights are the best! We never made a point of getting out on our own when we just had Sage--she would just come with us. But now that we have two we are really trying to keep one evening a week as just ours and it is the BEST. I seriously felt like we were dating again...like before we were married. Until we walked out of dinner to the good ole mini van, that is. ;) We went to Brio and ate an extremely over priced meal, but it was scrumptious. I only made one "we're spending too much money on dinner" comment and then got in trouble from Clint so kept my trap shut about it the rest of the night. We decided that once a month we'd go to a nice place and then the other weeks we'd eat cheaper meals. When you spend sixty bucks for two people to eat one meal it is a little absurd if you ask me. Good, but crazy. Anyways. We didn't have plans for anything after dinner, but since it was 7PM when we were done eating no way were we going home. Instead we wandered over to Harkins to see what was playing. Since we get zero TV channels, neither of us had heard of anything out and there were like two movies that weren't rated R, so we saw '500 Days of Summer', and LOVED IT!!!! We didn't have any idea what to expect but we were both rolling with laughter through the whole thing. I've heard some people didn't like it, and I think it's one of those movies where half the people who see it think it's lame like Napoleon Dynamite was, and the other half can't wait to see it again. We were the other half. We loved it. We headed home after the movie mostly because I was about to bust open with milk and also because it was 9:30 and we are so not used to being out that late. We had so much fun together laughing and making fun of things like how teenage girls keep forgetting to wear pants with their shirts these days. We were both talking today about how we can't wait for next week's date night.
So....we get home. HILARIOUS!!! BJ and Katherine watched the girls for us, THANK YOU GUYS. We'll return the favor when you decide to make some cousins for the girls. I've learned a few things about what to tell the sitter before I leave. They are:
1. Don't forget to tell her which baby goes in which bed.
2. Don't forget to tell her which blanket goes with which baby.
3. Don't forget to tell her to warm up the milk in the bottle.
BJ started out watching them for us, and when we left he was feeding Sage dinner and Charlotte was fussy and hungry. I worried the whole way to dinner but he was a pro. I wish I could've seen him in action. Katherine took over after a bit and BJ took off and this is where it gets so funny! When we walked in from our date, Charlotte was wrapped in Sage's blanket. I didn't say anything, but thought "I wonder how that went over". Then when I asked how things went, Katherine first went on about how she doesn't know how I have two kids. She was pooped. :) Then she said that the girls were asleep but Charlotte was grunting and she was afraid she would wake up Sage so she went to get her out of bed. She says she walked into their room to get Charlotte and Sage was sitting straight up Indian style in her bed with a very begruntled look on her face. I was confused at this point, because the girls don't sleep in the same room yet...Charly is still in our closet. Apparently Sage was in the toddler bed and Charlotte was in her crib. No wonder Sage was up and wondering what the heck was going on! I was cracking up because I can just picture how Sage looked. In the wrong bed, without her blankie, and no bottle. She is a picky bottle drinker and won't drink it cold and I totally forgot to tell them to warm it up! Oopsie. Anyways, I went in to put a blanket with Sage and she looked so peaceful sleeping that I didn't want to risk moving her to her crib. I figured we'd try it out. Ha. At 1:40AM I heard a thud and a piercing scream from her room. I flew in there and she had belly-flopped onto the wood floor and was laying there face down with her arms and legs out. I about died I felt so bad. Dumb mom should have put a pillow on the floor to at least soften the landing. I was for sure more shook up than she was. I rocked her forever while she slept in my arms. It was fun snuggling with her, she hasn't woken up in the middle of the night hardly ever since moving to her own room so it was nice to sit and squeeze her. Anyways, sorry Katherine for forgetting to tell you about bed time! You can tell I haven't had many babysitters!















9 comments:
i love your stories! i always end up writing a novel for my sitters and i feel stupid doing it cuz they are probably like she is anul and psycho but i still do it for my sanity. :)
it is great you guys are doing date night already. i have found that our nights out slow down until the baby is about 6 months. good for you.
I can't remember if I've said this yet but Congrats! They are both so precious! Glad y'all are able to do date night. I think I'm so tired by the end of the week, I'd rather just plop down on the couch on Friday night! Maybe someday we'll get a sitter and go out! It's nice that you have family there to babysit for you!
Sounds like tons of fun! i really want to see that movie! (love the funny babysitter stories!)
Yall are so cute! I'm glad you're getting out once a week. I need to tell Lane about this. And that is too funny about the girls.
haha! this is funny for so many reasons. sages face when i walked in the room really was priceless. we will babysit anytime, your girls are adorable and i love them! except next time bj will be there the whole time bc i am still confused on how a single person can function with more than one child. haha.
That sounds so fun! It's funny because we saw 500 days of summer and didn't like it at all. But I'm glad you guys did. I love the babysitting story of BJ and Katherine. Your girls are just so so cute!
We SO need to do a date night! That sounds like so much fun! And I love the pics of the girls in the bed!!! So sweet! It is seriously the best feeling to see your children interact and love on each other! I seriously want to kiss little Charly to death!
Post a Comment