My mind is on overload lately. Too much to do, too little time. I've been saving up lots of super random things that have been on my mind for one long blog. No pics, just
journaling.
First. What is it with stupid drivers? I know I've talked about this before, but sometimes my road rage is out of control. I was driving home the other day with both girls in tow when a big truck was entering the highway from the on ramp. I was in the right lane, cars to my left, and was about 1/8 mile from my exit. I didn't want to get over and then take the chance of not being able to get back in time, so, since I had the right-a-way, I sped up a tad. This punk lays on his horn for the longest time, gets right up to my bumper and gives me the bird. Seriously? I so so badly wanted to roll my window down and give it to him right back, but I had to remind myself that I had precious cargo with me and didn't want him to - I don't know, shoot me or anything. You never know these days. So instead of giving him a piece of my mind, I exited and fumed the whole way home. I'm not sure why I let silly stuff like that bother me.
Second. I mentioned before that I had five pounds to lose. Well something fishy is going on because I've gained a few. I started working out, have cut dairy and chocolate completely out of my diet to keep Charlotte content, and eat less now than before-and yet somehow I've gained
weight. What a crock. Clint, on the other hand, joined a gym-has worked out for one week, and lost five pounds. Gag me.
Third. I now know why some moms look like (for lack of a better word) crap. When you're constantly taking care of babies, who has time to shower? I haven't bought a new pair of shoes or clothing for myself since last January when I wanted a new shirt to run my marathon in. I don't necessarily need anything new, but I'm sure Clint would like to see me in something other than the same five solid color t-shirts over and over again. The problem is that
every time I go to a store with the intent of looking for something for me, my feet take me right to the baby section. Little girl clothes are so much more fun to pick out. They're cheaper, there's more to choose from and I never have to worry about them not fitting. Plus I have way too much fun playing dress up with them. They are always decked out in bows and
bling, while I am always in my
Crocs with my hair slicked back by grease in a pony tail. I went to visit an old friend on Sunday and she actually said, "it's funny that your girls are always so cute and dressed up, because you so don't seem like that kind of mom". Ha ha! I could have taken offense, but let's face it she was right on.
Fourth. I LOVE being a mom. Every second of it. I love taking care of them, cleaning up after them, snuggling with them, fixing
owies...everything.
Fifth. I love my Wednesdays! My MIL babysits every Wed morning -- both girls. I love them because I get to do my grocery shopping and any errand I have in record time. PLUS--I get to do my picture taking without listening to Baby Einstein; without having to pass goldfish back every few seconds; and without having to sing and dance to keep Sage entertained. Instead, I get to listen to my all time fave radio station, KISS FM. I know; they can be a tad on the dirty side at times, but I think they are absolutely hilarious. I loved this station in TX, and I love it even more out here. I used to listen to "second date update" and all of their daily antics, but now it's all baby stuff. Wednesdays I crank the volume up and just laugh my way through their show. When I was teaching school I would sprint from my car to my class room so I could turn it back on and listen as long as I could before the kids got there. Good times.
Six. I gotta go clean my house before my girls wake up. The dust in here is driving me crazy, and I clipped Charlotte's fingernails and instead of trying to pick the tiny clippings up, I let them fall to the floor and now they are haunting me.
13 comments:
No fair, you get KISS FM in AZ! I'm hoping one day they'll get on the Houston airways! And I understand, it's 5pm here & I still haven't taken a shower. I have to wait til Lane gets home to get that luxury.
you are seriously the cutest girl i know and you dont even need all the bling! love your posts.
Well, if you ever figure out the secret to losing weight, I'd like to know because my baby is TWO and I'm still struggling.
About KISS FM - I know Marianne! I know! Johnjay is hilarious. I wish it wasn't so dirty too. But when it's not dirty, it's super funny. Not to mention, War of the Roses. So let me ask, what happened to Carrie?
As far as looking like crap. Yeah. I've been strongly debating in my mind whether or not I should get a cute stylish haircut. Do you know what's holding me back? Then, I wouldn't be able to put my hair in a ponytail anymore!
no judgement passed here for never looking cute. You've seen me. I only do my hair on Saturdays. We have the funnest job ever.
I hear ya on everything! I LOVE Johnjay and Rich. Yeah, what did happen to Carrie? I loved listening to them on my way to work but now I just listen to and from the gym. Don't worry...my baby is 9 months old and I have only lost 5 lbs. It can be very frustrating! Hang in there.
I love your thoughts, but I don't feel sorry about the five pounds especially since I have a ton more than that to loose.
First... congrats on little Charlotte, she is so lovely. second... I'm totally with you on the showering thing and no clothes. I pretty much feel like I look like a homeless person, and live in black shirts cause that's pretty much all I have but also it helps hide the leakage best I think. Third.. I really want to see her in person, we need to have a girls get together. I'm over on Ellsworth and Southern now, so I think it's all little closer to you, but I don't remember.
Only 5 pounds, gag ME! That is so unfair.
I echo Jenni's sentiments. Only 5 pounds - OMGosh! I am rolling my eyes right now.
Here is my first-hand experience when we lived in AZ and discourteous drivers would ride my bumper: throw them some candy! That's right, just keep some small hard candy in your car. When the moron gets up on your bumper, discreetly launch it out your window. If it hits his car, he was surely too close! But it's just candy, a sweet gesture to someone you would otherwise like to borrow a James Bond car and use its missile launcher on...
Okay, so yours is 2 columns, not 3.. at least it looks like it is! I totally went in and changed my html to make mine wider, and then added my own paper/background. I can help you if you want. As for the digital scrapbook pages I use Photoshop Elements. It's a program you buy, but then you can find lots of papers/elements to download for free off the internet or you can purchase them too. If you are interested you can totally come over and I'll show you it. I love it!!
I feel your pain...Randy has lost 10 lbs since we moved here just from NOT working out and getting a really bad case of the flu...and here I am running my butt off and STILL can't seem to drop these last 5 lbs!
Post a Comment