Story one: Sunday afternoon, she was playing very very quietly with her toys. I mean super quietly. She is our little mute child which is no wonder considering how quiet Clint and I are. Anyways-so she's playing, when she sees her sippy cup on the counter and decides she wants a drink. So, she signs for "drink" and I hold the cup out to her. She pauses for a second, walks away, puts her toy right back in her toy box, and comes back to get her drink. Heaven forbid she drops the toy to take a drink! She's too clean for that! Now who does that sound like??
Story two (Ashley, you will appreciate this one!!!!!): I've mentioned before that she goes around picking up any dirt or trash she finds on the floor and brings it to me to put in the trash can, right? Well this goes one step further. She's climbing the stairs with me trailing behind her the other day when she stops and starts grunting. She is a major grunter, by the way. I get frustrated because I've got Charlotte in my arms and am anxious to get up the stairs. When I tell her to keep going, she stops, turns around to sit on the stair, and just waits with a sad look on her face. So, I get down to her level, ask her what's wrong, and she points to a rock on the stair. She wanted me to pick it up before she went any further. Holy cow.
Story three: I'm feeding her grapes and crackers for snack today. I leave the room to check on Charlotte and come back to find Sage waiting patiently (and quietly) for me to wipe a single apple juice drop that has gotten on her finger before she'll eat the rest of her snack. She is holding her finger up and grunting....I wipe it off and she sings "thank you", then goes happily back to eating her snack.
Story four: The other day we're all sitting around talking and I notice she only has on one of her bracelets, which is super out of the ordinary for her. She always has both of them on and gets mad when she only has one. So I ask her, "where's your other bracelet?" She climbs off my lap, runs over to her toy box, takes out three very specific toys, and uncovers her bracelet. How did she know exactly which toys to move to find it? Maybe she was hiding it from Connor and Kinsey? Who knows, but we died laughing.
Story five: My mom took Sage to the park the other day. She had on little flip flops, and refused to walk in the sand because she didn't want sand on her feet. She would walk over to the sand and lean way over to play in it with her hands but would not go any closer. The funny thing is that I walked over with Charlotte to see them, and went out of my way to go around the sand pit.
Story six: I was doing laundry this morning, unloading clothes from the dryer into my laundry basket. Clint had a piece of paper in his pants pocket that was torn to shreds and fell all over the floor. Sage walks in, throws her hands in the air and says "uh-oh!", and begins to pick up each tiny piece and puts them in the trash can. My little helper!
Seriously, this sounds so much like me it's scary! It sounds like I've passed on my OCD fetishes on to my girls!!















11 comments:
Pretty soon she will be cleaning up after you (if that is possible)! That is too funny. It reminded me of living in the apartment and how clean you were.
ha ha, this is hilarious marianne! and these pictures of her are too cute! :)
grandpa misses sage
She obviously takes after you & that's not a bad thing!
haha! that is soooo funny. that will be so nice when she's older. sage is adorable!
I think the cleaning part is great.
Great stories! She is SO cute! I love that dress!
That last pic is so cute! It looks like she is plugging her nose!
Cute stories...my kind of girl. Love the pictures as well. BEAUTIFUL daughters you have!
They are both so cute!! Hope you are doing well!
Marianne, so sorry that this is a late CONGRATS! I haven't checked blogs in forever and didn't know you had your baby girl yet. So excited for both of you!
Post a Comment