Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Fun

Clint and I took the girls to the park this afternoon to enjoy the weather for a change. We had so much fun we were an hour late leaving for our first date away since the baby came. Sorry Shari and Joe!!! We made it to the temple and had so much fun together. It's amazing how much better we get along now that I'm not pregnant. He must have learned how to not be so annoying over the past few weeks, cause it for sure wasn't just me and my hormones! ;) We had such a fun night together. The last time I went to the temple was with my grandma, so I was thinking of her pretty much the whole time. We were also able to do some things that made me think about my girls and about how special they are. I left with a happier outlook on life. I've got two healthy beautiful girls so LIFE IS GOOD! After the temple we went to eat Sushi, which I haven't had in forever since I've been pregnant for the past ten years. We ate too much and loved every second of it. It was fun to get away for a few hours and reconnect with my hubby. Thanks to gma and gpa for driving over and staying with the kiddies!!

Here are a few pictures of our sweet girls. Charlotte sat in her chair and enjoyed the fresh air....
While Sage tore it up on the slide!!! She didn't want to go down with daddy, she wanted to go by herself which shocked me to my very core. Seriously. This girl is scared of the doorbell and phone ringing, so I thought she'd never go down by herself. Clint had to hold her back so I could get a pic--she was ready to launch down!

See? He's got her by the back of her shirt.
Mid slide-can't tell if that face is happy or terror, but she was all smiles at the bottom.
She also had fun playing in the dirt
but no feet were involved. :)
We brought along the "bubbs" for her to play with,


and just had fun together as a family. I love family time! We're both usually so busy with work and life during the week that we live for weekends when we can slow down and just have fun together. We were both so happy it was a bit cooler today so we could do something together outside. And yea for Labor Day and no work!!!! We've got no plans and could not be happier about that!!!!

6 comments:

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

I love reading your blog. You have such fun stories and always love the pics... and you encourage me to do more, don't use the excuse- I have kids and can't get out! It is so fun seeing families out and about!! I wish I could meet your girls...

Jalei & Lane said...

How nice to get out of the house & go on a date! I can't wait til we get to do that.

Jami said...

I want a night out. We have been out once, but Eleanor went with us. I can't give up my stored milk at this point.

Tiffany said...

That picture of sage going down the slide is hilarious! Too cute! :) And charly is adorable!

Shari said...

We didn't mind you guys being home for a while after we got there. It gave Joe a chance to visit with Clint, which he enjoyed. He doesn't get to see him very often! You have the best babies in the world! Seriously, and I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm their grandma! I'm sure Sage will hit the terrible twos or something one of these days, but I'm sure enjoying it while it lasts!! Love you guys!

Brad and Laurie said...

So what does "cooler weather" mean to you??